Chapter 3: Broken

Phil felt all the blood drain from his face. He stood there frozen, as he watched Dan turn around with a confused, hurt look on his face.
"Sorry", said Dan, clearing his throat. "Is it alright if I talk to Phil alone?", he continued sternly. Pj and Louise nodded, not daring to say a word.
Phil waited until the door had closed before he dared to speak, "Listen Dan I can ex-", Phil started but Dan cut him off. "Who is he", Dan asked coldly, his facial expressions blank. "What?", Phil asked. "I said, who is he", Dan said, angrily this time, looking Phil in the eyes.
"Dan I don't understa-", Phil tried to explain but was once again cut off by Dan. "Phil I'm not stupid", Dan said loudly, tears forming in those chocolate eyes of his that Phil loved so much. "You've been gone all day everyday for almost a month", He shouted, tears streaming down his cheeks.
"I've been home alone. All day, everyday, for a month", Dan said, quietly this time.
Phil approached Dan in attempt to comfort him with a hug but this only made it worse. "Don't! Touch me!", Dan shouted. "You haven't been here all this time, you could've hugged me while we watched a movie on our sofa, we could've kissed while watching the sunrise like we always do", Dan was crying now, Dan was hurt. "But Dan I-", Phil said desperately, trying to explain to Dan, but this was no use. "But instead", Dan continued. "You were off smooching the face off some other guy", Dan cried.
Phil looked into Dan's bloodshot eyes and knew it was no use trying to tell Dan the truth. He wouldn't listen.
"Is that it", Dan said, shaking his head. "Not even a sorry?", He sighed. Dan laughed, shaking his head and looking at Phil, "And to think I loved you", he laughed.
These words felt like an arrow had went straight through Phil's chest and into his heart. Phil was crying now.
"And even worse", Dan continued. "I thought you loved me", he sighed, a single tear rolling down his cheek.
Phil didn't exactly remember what happened next. All he could remember was seeing Dan's back walking out the door.
Silence fell apon the room. Phil sat down on the sofa, hands in his head. Phil was broken. Dan was broken.
That's all they felt, broken.
Pj and Louise had opened the door. They heard everything because of Dan's shouting. Louise had red eyes too, she was clearly crying also.
She sat down beside Phil and hugged him tightly, stroking his back and shushing him, letting him cry into her shoulder as she told Pj to boil the kettle.
"Shh, Phil it'll be alright", Louise told him through her own tears.
A few minutes later Pj came back with 3 mugs of tea and a packet of tissues for everyone. Phil sipped the tea and took the red velvet box out of his suit pocket.
"He would've loved this", he whispered. He handed the box to Louise who opened it to be greeted with a golden ring that seemed so plain and simple at first glance, but when looked at closely had the words "I love you" engraved on the inside in Phil's handwriting.
Louise held her hand to her mouth, "Phil...", she gasped, "It's- it's"
"Perfect", Phil smiled at her. "I know", he whispered, staring at the floor. Another tear rolling down his cheek.

* Authors note *
I'm S O R R Y
Also this chapter is pretty short.
I'm gonna hide before you all murder me byeeeee