Chapter 2: Lies

The last few days Dan has been waking up with no Phil beside him. He was always gone very early in the mornings. Leaving cute messages on Dan's phone for when he woke up.
Little did Dan know that Phil was out with Louise looking all over London for the perfect wedding ring. They'd probably visited about 16 stores and still no luck.
"That's nice Louise, but-", Phil said in shop number 17. "But. But it has to be perfect", Louise said, finishing Phil's statement. Phil nodded. He looked around the store one more time then gave Louise a look indicating they should leave.
Louise smiled and put her arm around Phil's shoulder and gave it a squeeze. "Maybe tomorrow?", she suggested.
Phil gave her a smile, "maybe", he said quietly.
Two and a half weeks this had been happening with Phil. He hadn't told Dan where he went, all Dan knew was Phil was never there when he woke up and he came home for dinner in the evenings.
Dan didn't want to jump to conclusions, he'd made that mistake 10 years ago and almost ruined everything. He wasn't taking that risk again.
It was 8pm when Dan finally heard the door open. He saw Phil walk in the door. Dan rushed over to Phil to give him a hug. Phil was taken aback by Dan's sudden affection but hugged him back and kissed his forehead.
"Dan what's wrong?", Phil said in a panicked tone. Dan was clinging to Phil as if he never wanted to let go. He was crying. "Dan?", Phil said, more worried this time. He moved them both over to the sofa to sit down.
"I- I thought you- you weren't coming back", Dan whispered through the tears, still refusing to let go of Phil. "Why would you think that?", Phil laughed, stroking Dan's back. "Because you- because you're usually home by- by 5 and you were late", Dan sniffed. "I thought you didn't love me anymore", he whispered, tears streaming down his face.
"Dan!", Phil said stunned, "that's crazy". He pulled Dan's face out of his chest so he could look him in the eyes. "Listen, I love you and only you. I would never leave you ok. I promise", Phil said, looking deep into Dan's eyes, which were red and puffy from crying.
"I love you", Dan laughed through the tears, cupping Phil's face in his hands. "I love you too", Phil whispered as Dan closed the space between their lips.
They parted and Dan placed his head on Phil's shoulder. Fingers interlocked. Silence filling the room, it was comfortable. It was nice.
"So what did you do today", Dan said softly, stroking his thumb up and down Phil's hand. "I went to the cinema with Louise and we went for Dinner afterwards", Phil lied.
"Oh, that's nice", Dan smiled, "what movie did you go see?", he asked, looking up at Phil. "Slender Man, we said we'd see it because I know you don't deal with horrors too well", Phil lied again, squeezing Dan's hand, and giving him a kiss on the head.
"I'm going to head to bed if that's alright with you", Phil said. "Yeah, I'll come with you I'm tired", Dan replied.
They fell asleep quite quickly, Dan's arms still wrapped around Phil refusing to let him go.
Dan woke up at 9 a.m, his sleep disturbed from Phil making noise getting dressed. "Where are you going now?", Dan said sleepily. "I'm going out with PJ, I promise I'll be home in time for our anniversary dinner alright?", Phil whispered, stroking Dan's hair and planting a kiss on his forehead, causing Dan to smile sleepily and cuddle back up in bed.
Later that day, Louise had arrived in Dan and Phil's apartment to help Dan get ready for their anniversary dinner.
"So?", Dan said as he stepped out in a suit. "Omg Dan!", Louise exclaimed, straightening Dan's bow tie. "I can't believe it's been 10 years.", She whispered, close to tears.
"I know, I love him so so much", Dan giggled, a blush creeping up his cheeks. "Oh, I forgot to ask you how the movie went", Dan mentioned. "Oh Yeah, it was so funny", Louise laughed.
'Funny?', Dan thought, 'they went to see a horror film'. "What movie was it again?", Dan asked. "Mamma Mia", Louise lied, smiling.
Phil and PJ walked in the door at that moment. Phil had finally found the ring and just in time. He was all dressed up in his suit ready for the big night. He walked into the living room where Dan and Louise were.
"Mamma Mia?", Dan said confused, "But, but Phil told me you guys saw slender man".