Chapter 7: The Good News

Dan woke before Phil that next morning. Phil's arm around Dan and Dan's head in the crook of Phil's neck. Dan removed the arm that was holding Phil's side to admire the gold band on his finger.
Dan smiled at it. He looked up at Phil who was still sleeping. He looked beautiful. 'He looks like an angel', thought Dan as he reached up to give Phil a peck on the cheek.
To Dan's surprise Phil slowly opened his eyes, he squinted at the brightness and rubbed his eyes.
"Morning", Dan whispered lovingly, hugging Phil tighter. "Morning", Phil yawned giving Dan a small kiss on his head.
Phil took Dan's hand in his and admired the ring that he had given him last night. Dan laughed. "What are you laughing at?", Phil questioned, slightly annoyed at Dan for ruining the moment.
"I'm laughing because now you're stuck with me and all my bullshit for the rest of your life", Dan joked which caused a giggle from Phil.
About an hour later the two boys had gotten out of bed and had their breakfast.
They were meeting PJ and Louise for lunch because Louise had some news to share with the group. Dan and Phil took this as a good opportunity to tell them about the engagement.
It was a cold day, they had wrapped themselves in hats and gloves. Phil carried an umbrella because the weather forecast had predicted snow.
"Got the keys?", Phil asked Dan who immediately tapped his coat pocket just to be sure. "Yup", he chirped as Phil closed the door to their apartment.
The café they were all meeting at was called 'The busy bean', the name was kind of ironic considering that the place was so small it was hardly ever busy.
Dan and Phil walked in the door to be greeted with a blast of warm air and the smell of coffee beans. They seemed to be there before PJ and Louise so they decided to take a seat in the corner booth.
The table was decorated with a small vase of flowers, condiments, salt and pepper, napkins and some menus. Dan picked up the menu and studied it for a while.
"I think I'll just have a drink, I don't think I'll have a cake", he told Phil, Phil nodded in agreement but he wasn't paying attention to Dan, his eyes were focused on a woman serving a man at the counter.
"Phil are you alright?", Dan asked. "Huh, oh, yeah I'm uh, I'm fine", Phil answered snapping back to reality. Still glancing at the woman with furrowed brows every so often.
Not long after they had been sat down Louise and PJ entered the building. They immediately spotted Dan and Phil and sat down across from them.
"Hi guys!", Louise said smiling, taking off her scarf as she spoke. "Hey", the two boys responded in unison.
"So?", PJ spoke up, "Louise what's the big news?".
All eyes were focused on Louise who had a smirk on her face. "All of you close your eyes and only open them when I say so", she demanded.
All 3 boys did as they were told. They heard Louise rustling in her handbag and they heard something being placed on the table.
"Alright you can open your eyes",she said excitedly. All 3 boys opened there eyes to be greeted with a small object on the table. They weren't sure what it was until they saw the device had the word positive written on it.
Dan was the first one to click. His gaze immediately shot up to Louise. 
"That's not a-", he started, Louise nodded. "And you're-", Louise nodded again, tears forming in her eyes.
It finally clicked with PJ and Phil what was on the table and what was happening.
All 3 boys were basically screaming congratulating and hugging Louise. It took about 10 minutes for everyone to calm down.
Phil gave Dan's hand a squeeze under the table which caused Dan to look at Phil in confusion. Phil nodded down towards Dan's hand where the ring was sitting proudly on his finger.
Dan cleared his throat, "Actually Phil and I have something to announce as well".
Louise's smile immediately dropped as she remembered their fight yesterday, "you haven't broken up have you because I swear to god if you did I-", she was basically shouting.
"No no no!", Phil cut her off, laughing, "it's actually, it's um quite the opposite", he said as he lifted up Dan's hand revealing the golden band on his finger.
Louise actually screamed causing a few stares. She was trying to congratulate them but neither of the boys could understand a word she was saying because she was crying so much.
While Louise was calming down PJ couldn't stop congratulating them.
Eventually Louise had calmed down and hugged them both so hard Dan thought his spine would snap in half.
Just as they sat back down the blonde woman Phil had been staring at earlier had come to take their order.
"What will it be love", she asked PJ, "umm I'll have an ordinary coffee please", he asked. She nodded as she scribbled it down in her note pad, "and for the lovely lady", she asked Louise. "I'll have a chocolate brownie with a decaf coffee please", she smiled at the woman.
The woman turned to Phil who wasn't really paying attention, he was reading an email.
"Well well well", the woman said as she saw Phil. "Philip Micheal Lester".
Phil quickly looked up from the important email to be greeted with the woman's blue eyes.
His heart skipped a beat as he remembered what had happened last time he saw her.
He swallowed hard before talking to her.
"Amy"

*Authors note*
Oof I haven't uploaded in ages sorry