Chapter 5: Now or Never

Phil was allowed out of the hospital that same day, after they checked his head once more just to be safe.
The rain had stopped so they could walk home without getting soaked again. Dan thanked the nurse one last time before Phil took his hand and led him outside the hospital.
They walked the 20 minutes home never letting go of the others hand.
"You know", started Phil, "it's still our anniversary, we could still make those reservations if we hurry", he suggested, looking at Dan. "Actually Phil, I think I'd rather stay at home tonight if that's ok with you", Dan smiled, squeezing Phil's hand. Phil smiled back and nodded in agreement.
It wasn't long after that until they reached home. They opened the door to the apartment and flopped down onto the couch with a sigh of exhaustion.
"That was an eventful evening", Dan laughed. "You can say that again", Phil said, rubbing the stitches on his forehead. "Phil don't touch them, the nurse said they need time to heal!", Dan said, telling Phil off while he pulled his hand away from his forehead.
Phil pouted at Dan. Dan laughed and couldn't resist Phil's cuteness as he placed a kiss on Phil's lips. "I'm going to change into something more comfortable than this suit", Dan announced. "Don't touch that thing when I'm gone", Dan told Phil sternly. Phil nodded.
"Actually I better change out of my suit too", said Phil as he got up off the sofa following Dan to their bedroom.
Dan pulled out some black jeans and a black sweater and put them on.
Phil waited until Dan had left his room to take off his suit. He didn't want Dan to see the ring box that was still in the suit pocket.
Phil pulled out a bright starred t-shirt and some black jeans. He glanced over at the suit and saw the lump of the ring box sticking out of the coat pocket. He reached over and pulled it out of the pocket.
He opened the tiny velvet box to be greeted once again by Dan's ring. He smiled softly as he admired the ring once again. It really was the perfect ring.
"Phil?", Dan shouted through the apartment, "Do you want anything to eat?". Phil didn't hear Dan he was too busy looking at the ring.
Phil heard footsteps coming towards him. He knew there was nobody else in the house but Dan so he quickly found a place to hide the ring. He hid it under his pillow.
Dan poked his head in the door, "Everything alright?", he asked. "Uh, yeah my uh, my head just hurts a little that's all", Phil lied.
"Aww let me see", Dan said softly as he approached Phil. Dan put one arm around Phil's waist and put his hand softly onto Phil's scar. "Does it hurt now?", Dan said quietly, gazing into Phil's eyes. "No it's fine now", Phil replied, closing the space between him and Dan. Putting his arms around Dan's neck.
The two boys smiled through the kiss. When they broke apart Dan rested his forehead on Phil's.
"What were you saying before that", Phil giggled. "I said did you want anything to eat?", Dan asked again. "Can we order pizza?", Phil asked, hugging Dan. "Sure, the usual?", Dan asked. Phil nodded and buried his face in Dan's chest.
"Well you have to let go of me if I'm going to order pizza", Dan laughed. "No, I'm never letting you go again", Phil stated, squeezing Dan tighter. "Phil I'm not going to bolt out the door again, I promise", Dan said. "Do you swear on your mums life", Phil asked, sounding like a child. "I swear on my mums life and my life", Dan promised.
Phil let go of Dan, "That'll do", Phil smiled.
Dan left the room to go order Pizza. Leaving Phil alone. Phil turned around to look at the pillow in which the ring was hidden under. A thought entered Phil's head which made him grab the ring and head towards the living room where Dan was.
He put the ring in his back pocket so it wouldn't be too obvious he was keeping something hidden. He sat down on the sofa next to Dan and put his head on his shoulder. Dan put his arm around Phil and kissed the top of his head.
"Pizza should be here in 30 minutes", Dan chirped. "Great is starving", Phil whined. There was silence as they watched Steven Universe on their TV.
"Phil", Dan said after a while, "what were you doing for the past few weeks?".
Phil felt the ring in his back pocket and thought it was now or never.

*Authors Note*
OoOoOOo interesting, lol I'm so boring
*finger guns into soul realm*