Stubborn

"You're sorry?" She doesn't trust the two little words.

He stands there and stares at her, and again doesn't whisper a word.

"We need to clear some things up, Henry. I know you didn't want this, and we shouldn't have had sex that night, and I'm sorry if that's made this situation worse for you, but it happened. It doesn't mean I take back what I promised. Your indiscretions are safe with me. I keep my word. Just please quit treating me this way. We can do this as friends, and do it together." She reasons.

"I've told you before, Blake. I'm not a good man, and..."

She cuts him off.

"I've heard this over and over again. You're not a good man and can't do relationships. Guess what, Henry! I'm not expecting that from you! I'm exhausted, and I'm going to bed. I won't be having this talk with you again, it gets us nowhere." She turned around and left. Leaving Henry standing there clueless on how to fix the situation.

Blake was laying in her bed just thinking. How did she get here? One stupid mistake of taking a DNA test. Sometimes it seems that letting secrets be, is the best option.

Henry is the most complex person she's ever met in her life. He's hot and cold, sometimes switching between the two several times a day. She loved the night they had sex. Sex was never something high on her to do list before that night. Her mind was always focused on a goal, and she knows that's not normal. It's usually on everyone's mind, but she never found it to be that mind-blowing, even though she had once been married.

Ryan is a good man, he has faults and regrets, but she also knows he suffered from neglect because of her. She often found herself working late, or coming up with excuses because she was, quite literally, avoiding the sexual act with her husband at the time.

But the one time with Henry stirred something inside her, something woke up, and all she thinks about sometimes is that night. The way his touch felt, and how he was able to provide her with her first mind-blowing sexual experience. Even if it was a brief encounter, it didn't make her feel cheap. He made her feel desired, beautiful, and for once passionate.

What does Henry have that Ryan couldn't provide? Why was is touch so intense? He's been so rude and unkind, but those few days in Boston made her feel alive.

Henry also goes to bed and is unable to sleep. Blake makes him want to be a better man, and he doesn't even think about other women as he has for the better part of his life.

When he was with Juliette, she didn't satisfy him the way Blake did during their brief encounter. The way he felt when he was inside her, was something he never imagined. His release was so intense, and watching her while she came, gave him a satisfaction like he's never known.

He knows he loves Blake. That much is clear, but does he love her so much that he wants to protect her from everything? Including him?

He tries to imagine Juliette naked and screaming his name, and that thought does nothing for him. No memory with any woman compares to what he felt with Blake.

It's not just the sex that drives him insane. It's looking into her eyes and seeing a future with a family and happiness. He's never even entertained the thought until he met Blake.

The way she talks, walks, laughs, along with all the tiny pieces that come together to form the one person he desires more than anything he's ever wanted. Is it possible to commit to her?

His heart screams yes, but it just has to convince his stubborn mind.

He asks himself one question. Can he truly be happy with this one woman and no others?

Yes, he can see himself still craving her years from now. The intense feeling he gets the moment he sees her is enough confirmation.  If only he wasn't so damn stubborn.

Slowly he drifts off to sleep, only to wake up in the morning alone in his bed once again.

When he went downstairs, he found her eating breakfast.  Again, there's that intense feeling he has, so he decides to skip breakfast and go straight to the office. 

Blake grows tired of arguing with Henry.  The tension in the air at the mansion becomes more and more uncomfortable.  She doesn't understand how something so simple like attraction, could turn her world upside down.  He's such a stubborn ass, and she still can't believe how she could be so intensely attracted to that kind of a man.