Chapter One

I hear a door slam and jolt awake. My maid Amelia, who is not at all aware of what she just did, continues dusting knickknacks on my book shelf in the corner.

I rub my eyes and sigh. I sigh again.

"Amelia!" I yell. She turns around startled and pulls the earbuds out of her ears. "Sorry, Misses Jane. Your father very demanding with morning chores." I pull the covers off of me and stand up.

"Its fine. Father probably wanted me up earlier anyways." I say stretching like a cat after a long nap. "Whats on the agenda for today Amelia?" I ask walking over to my vanity.

"Oh! Let me check the list..." She says digging in her pocket. She pulls out a neatly folded piece of paper and unfolds it. I brush my hair and wait for her to say something. "Amelia..." I say looking at her through my vanity mirror. "Spit it out."

Amelia just hands the list to me and neatly folds her hands together as if she is praying. I open the list.

"Dad wants me to...are you kidding me?!" I yell reading over the list. "I am afraid not Miss Jane." I sigh and roll my eyes. "I can't believe dad wants me to show King and Queen Wheeler the palace! Isn't that what the guards and other staff are for?!" I yell again and Amelia sighs and continues dusting.

"Excuse me Amelia but I have to have a talk with my father." I say throwing the list down on my vanity and standing up. I blow a strand of hair out of my face in annoyance and head to the bathroom.

Lets Hope this goes well...

__________________________________________________

I slip on my heels. I am so annoyed I can barely breath. I can't believe my dad, the king, is making me deal with the Wheelers. After what there son Micheal did to me at the royal palace dinner 2 years ago. I mean who even knows if he is coming. I might just have to deal with Holly Wheeler, the littlest of the Wheeler clan and Nancy Wheeler the oldest. Which wouldn't be a problem.

Me and Nancy get along quite well. Holly is not a lot of trouble, she is so adorable. Micheal is the real problem.

I stand up and look at myself in my vanity mirror. Makeup Done, Hair Done, Clothes. I approve of myself in the mirror and walk out the door.

I wonder where Dad is? He could be in his study or he could be in the kitchen eating. Either are where he is usually this time of the morning. I walk down the stairs in the grand entry way of the castle. I walk down the familiar halls of my childhood, looking for my dad's study.

I walk up another flight of stairs and turn left. I see a familiar wooden door and I raise my fist to it knocking. "Its open." I grab the door knob and turn it stepping through the door. I close it behind me as I step in.

"Jane! How I wasn't expecting to see you this morning. Did Amelia give you the agenda?" My dad askes taking a sip of his coffee.

"Thats actually what I wanted to talk to you about." He looks up at me. I take a deep breath because I feel like this is what I need right at the moment.

"The Wheelers...Umm...I..."

"Spit it out Jane. I am very busy today."

"Ihaveaproblemeiththewheelersafterwhathappendtwoyearsago." I spit out all in one breath.

"Jane, Honey, I did not catch one word of that."

I sigh, " I have a problem with the Wheelers after what happened two years ago at the Royal Dinner." I say. My dad rubs his face in frustration.

"That was two years ago, Jane. Why can't you just move past it honey? It was an honest mistake."

I slam both my hands on the foot of his desk in anger. "What their son did. What he did. Was not a mistake." Dad sighs and continues writing down stuff on paperwork and documents.