Chapter Three

I tapped my foot and waited. Of course he was late. I looked at my dad across the desk and sighed checking my watch. He looked at me, "Jane Elizabeth Hopper. You need to be patient. He probably just over slept from jetlag." I stopped tapping my foot. I took two deep breaths and tried to be as patient as I could, but my foot got the best of me and started tapping yet again.

I looked at my watch. Twenty minutes late. "Dad he is twenty minutes late. If he is not gon-" and then my words were cut off by a door opening. I looked behind me and immediately lost my words. Michael was perfect. Nothing about him was just, 'ok' or 'lovely' at this point. He looked like he stepped out of a mens fashion magazine. He looked amazing.

My eyes wondered to his lips. They were so pink and perfect and were just there waiting to be kissed. His freckles scattered his face like stars in a night sky. His eyes were sweet like dark chocolate. His eyes caught me wondering over his body. I immediately slapped myself mentally and started blushing.

Ever since last night something changed in me. Something changed and I don't know what to feel about it. I don't even how I feel. I find myself looking at Micheal differently and seeing things that I never really saw before.

I don't know what to do with myself. The way about him. I just like to look at him. I don't know what this is or where it came from but I couldn't get him out of my head.

My dad cleared his throat. Causing me and Michael to jump from each others gaze and look at my father. "Alright, please take a seat you guys." He says as if he is noticing what is going on with me. I hope for gods sake that he doesn't. I don't want anyone to know how I feel before I know how I feel. If that makes any sense.

Micheal sits down, breaking eye contact with me. I was kinda sad. I wanted him to keep looking at me. I wanted his eyes on me. I soon focused my gaze on my father. He cleared his throat, gaining our full attention.

"I am sorry that I had to be very discreet with the meeting and why we are having this meeting." He said. Why were we having a meeting and with Micheal? And why were the Wheelers here now of all times?

"Yeah dad. You weren't very verbally descriptive when you sent out the announcement." I said looking at him, kinda smiling.

"Yes, I know. I had a reason for that." He looks between me and Micheal. Michaels leg is bouncing rapidly like mine was just a second ago. He was nervous. He looked at me from my fathers gaze. He took a second and then looked back.

"So, I wanted to clear the air and ask you two something." I gulped. My throat got dry and Micheals leg was bouncing rapidly. We were both nervous. "Do you two still honestly hate each other?" I straightened up in my seat.

Micheal spoke, "I-I don't think thats just up in the air for anyone to answer sir." I nodded.

"I mean. It was two years ago. It was an accident and while we still haven't made up for the incident. I believe that me and Mike..." My breath caught in my throat and I dry swallowed air. "...I-I mean Micheal have put this behind us." I say. I looked up from my lap and looked at Micheal and my father. Micheals face was very hard to understand.

I didn't know if he was happy, excited, angry, or just gooey. I didn't really understand. "Good. Now that that is out of the way. I would like to address the real reason you are both here." My father folds his hands and straightens his posture. I look up. Oh, he has his buisness deal face on. This cannot be good.

"Micheal, I am sure you have no clue as to why your here." He motions to the four walls around us and looks Micheal in the eye. Micheal nods, "I have no clue." My father turns to me, "And I am sure you are just as confused as him..." my dad says motioning to Michael. I nod.