Chapter Seven

I crept down the dark hallway. The cold floor making me shiver in protest. It was too dark and I couldn't see anything. I don't know why I was doing this.

I never did anything like this. I could get in big trouble. I tiptoed and kept looking, trying to let my eyes adjust to the dark of the hallway. It had been two days since I had talked to Mike about everything and about how he told me that nothing could split us up.

Not my dad, my friends. Not anything at all.

It had been two full days since we had been together. We have been so busy with tasks from our parents and tutors that we haven't really had any real quality time together. We were always so busy.

I missed him. I felt that If i had to spend another hour. No another minute. Not even a minute, another second without him, I would die or just...yeah die. I missed him sure, but I also missed his lips on mine.

I missed his hands and the way they would hold me and the way they would pull me closer to him and pull me deeper into his embrace.

That's why I was here. Creeping through my own castle at 1:33 in the morning. I wanted to see him. I needed to see him. I was desperate. Even if it was this early in the morning.

I didn't care. I will take what I can get. I don't care. I looked from door to door. Desperately, trying to find the right door.

Many moments later, I found the right door. I walked up to it. My breath catching in my throat. I could feel my heart beating rapidly and my face start to get hot. Why was I so nervous? This was mike.

Mike who was your frenemy. You hate him. You hated him. You liked him. He made you feel comfortable. He made you feel safe, brave and confident.

Why was I so nervous?

Because he was also an amazing kisser.

I took a deep breath. I need to let myself breathe. I never can when I'm around him which is a big issue right at this current moment. I take another deep breath and brace myself.

I raised my hand to the door and knocked. It was silent, the only sound is my heavy, rapid breathing. I heard footsteps and that was enough to get my heart to start pumping out of my chest. I checked the clock on the wall. It had been a minute and I heard footsteps.

Where was he and what was he doing? I waited another moment and then I checked the wall again. Two minutes. This was pointless. He was probably sleeping.

But that didn't explain the footsteps.

I turned around ready to leave and give up. When a hand shot out and grabbed my arm, pulling me backwards.

I was about ready to scream or yell or make some kind of noise. When a hand clamped over my mouth. I was pulled into a room and pushed up against a door.

A light was flipped on, a hand still over my mouth, I opened my eyes. I was faced with two dark brown eyes. It was Mike. I sighed internally.

"Did anyone see you come in here?" He asks. I shake my head no.

He sighs and takes his hand off my mouth and lets go of my arm. "I'm sorry. I've just been on edge lately. My parents say that the people of the republic that guard my country aren't to happy with my sudden vacation." He backs up and starts pacing.

"Republic?" I ask. I have never heard of anything like that before. I'm trying my best to understand but it's kinda hard when you have no idea who the hell he is talking about.

"The Republic are a group of soldiers or thugs. Whatever you want to call them. They basically guard my country and protect the people of the border.