Chapter Two

I sat up in bed. I pulled the face mask off my face and huffed in annoyance.

I couldn't sleep and I let that little cockroach Mike, excuse me, Michael get under my skin. I don't know why or how but something just bothered me about him.

I couldn't put my finger on it. I shouldn't have let him into my home.

Your home? Oh please your a princess. Get over yourself.

But I couldn't. I just couldn't. Still Sitting up in bed, I look over at my clock on my nightstand.

12:33 am

This is great. Just great. This was all just fantastic. I pull the covers aside and hop out of bed. I open my door gently and close it very quietly. Being careful not to wake anyone, I head down to the kitchen.

My feet are cold. I should have worn my slippers. I reach the end of the hall and turn right to start walking to the elevator.

I reach the elevator. I push the button. I wait for it to ding. It dings very loudly and I look around after it dings to make sure I didn't wake anyone.

After a couple seconds, the doors open and I step in and press the button for the bottom floor. I tap my feet on the cold floor and watch as the numbers go down.

I wonder what Micheal is doing? I wonder if he is sleeping?

I mentally slap myself for thinking about Micheal for even a Millisecond. I have better things to worry about than Micheals sleeping schedule. The elevator dings for the bottom floor and I step out.

I look around and start walking towards the kitchen. I sometimes feel like I should just let go. The grudge with Micheal has been exhausting and I need to focus on more important matters. I will be queen soon and that is far more important than my two year grudge against Micheal.

Being queen is being caring and kind. Having a good heart and putting yourself out for the world to see. As a leader of course. I wouldn't want my people to think any less of me. I am capable of anything I put my mind to.

A wise woman once said, "To rule a country is to rule a thousand hearts." That woman would be my mom. She was very smart, intelligent and kind. The list could go on and on. She was a lot to everybody. A queen, A ruler, A friend, and to me A mother.

I forgot what it was like to have her around. It got lonely. Of course I had my dad and all the staff at the palace but sometimes you just needed a mother figure in your life to give you womanly advice a man couldn't provide. I felt alone. Even though there over 100 people working in the palace.

I stop at the dining room. I hear a voice speaking. I wait. They speak again. I sneak against the long table and wait. "No...Ashley..."

Ashley?

I sneak closer to the kitchen doors. I peak around the corner. I see a back. A very hot back I might add. The back was wearing striped pajamas and had a phone pressed up against its ear. I bit my lip, unexpectedly.

Did I just bite my lip? And what for a freaking back? I never bite my lip! Wth? What is going on with me?

I wait until the voice speaks again. "Ashley. I don't know....No, I actually don't know."

"Why should I apologize Ashley it was an accident....Yes...For two years..."

What on earth was this person talking about?

He turned around and my jaw dropped to the floor. Micheal? I quickly ducked around the corner before he saw me but I think I was to late.

My breath became shallow and I tried my hardest to get my breathing under control. I heard him say, "Yeah...Ashley...Its really late....I-I gotta go..."