Chapter Six

i open my eyes. the first thing i see is the warm light of the sunset reflecting on my carpet. i roll on my side and expect to be faced with mike but am faced with nothing instead. i sigh, where was he? why did he leave? a million questions come to my mind.

did i do something wrong? i don't remember doing anything wrong. was i talking in my sleep again? its possible.

what happened before i fell asleep? i don't remember anything. i'm still waking up its gonna come to be in a little while. just be patient jane. you'll remember.

did i do something bad? ugh. i bet i did.

i just have to give it time. i really need to calm down.

i sit up rubbing my eyes. i look around. did he at least leave a note or something? i check the pillow beside me. nothing. i look on my floor, nothing. i look at the nightstand, nothing.

"c'mon mike. where is the note?" i say getting up. after a couple minutes of contemplating. i get up and look everywhere.

before i know it i am on the ground checking under my desk, my bed, my dresser.

"that's it!" i say putting up my hands in defence. "you win. you stupid note." i plop down on my bed and pout with my arms folded. this is stupid.

did i even get a note? this is pathetic, i give up. i thought he was nicer than that. i thought that after...oh!

"Oh My Gosh!" I yell and grab my phone off the nightstand. i open it up and look at my messages. "I knew it!" i open a message from an unknown number.

Unknown Number:

hey el. this is mike. i just wanted to tell you that i left. you did nothing wrong. it was me. i just had to go because i figured you were fine by yourself. i'm sorry if that's not the case. i still don't know what this quite is or where i stand with you. i really like you el. i wanna talk to you about what happened. about what  we did. it just feels kinda rushed and i don't want you to jump into anything your not ready for.

let's just talk and figure everything out. because i really like you. sorry, thought i would just tell you again incase you forgot from like five seconds ago. haha i doubt you could forget everything your like super smart and super pretty.

your also super beautiful. omg, i need to stop. sorry. i gotta go. meet me after dinner on the balcony? so we can talk about everything? Anyways, i will see you at dinner ❤️😉
read at 6:36 pm
i sigh in relief. i fall back on the bed. a smile forms on my face. i feel my cheeks get red and hot.

i do not deserve mike wheeler.

________________________________

i sit in front of my vanity and pull my hair back. i look at my neck. i see red and bluish blotches all over my neck.

"dammit mike." i sigh. i grab my foundation and my powder and try my best to cover up all the hickeys. "if he wasn't such a good kisser, this would make things a lot easier." i mumble to myself as i keep trying to cover the spots.

after at least twenty to thirty minutes passed, i had all the hickeys covered. i tried my hardest this is my first time doing this. i look at my neck and make sure everything is covered. i take my hair out of its low ponytail and grab my brush. I brush out and knotts or any uneven pieces. I apply some chapstick to my lips.

I stand up and walk to my closet. I grab a knotted blue t-shirt and a ripped pair of lightly washed skinny jeans. I undress and slip on my new clothes. I grab my white converse out of the bottom of my closet and a pair of ankle socks out of my dresser and slip them on.