17. Torn Apart

Hiya!
Chapter song is Some Minds by Flume!
I recommend the Les Twins remix because I love to dance lol
Thanks for reading!
————————————————————-

Paul's POV

Everything was so impressively fucked up. Bella was petrified. My wolf couldn't stop his whimpering long enough for me to do anything. I needed to stop the pain; Whatever had hurt my imprint, I had to obliterate and destroy.

Shakes that overcame the sanctity of my skin battled the violent urge as the tiny, pale girl in my arms began to emit a high pitched keening that assaulted my senses. Her trembling hand reached aimlessly in the air around us, aiming for an object that couldn't be seen or felt.

"I'm sorry, please come back..." She sobbed helplessly into my bare arm, tears streaming down onto the carpet. "I promise you won't get hurt again, come back."

Goosebumps raised when a draft went through the same arm my imprint was crying on. My wolf went silent, suddenly calmed although the human part of me was now freaking out. The rabbit went motionless. Her face tilted up and the tears shone brilliantly.

"Are you sure?" She whispered and her wild, drowned eyes darted to my face in shock. "How is this possible?"

My mouth popped open to question but her eyes drifted away once more. My imprint wasn't asking me. She seemed in deep concentration on something invisible right in front of her.

A pulled breath and a scared, almost hopeful expression. "I don't deserve this. He," she jerked her head towards me, "deserves better."

An angry growl finally escaped me. "Rabbit, what the hell is going on?"

She collapsed against me as soon as the cool presence seemed to disappear. She was sweaty, which was odd as I had seen her take down one of my pack brothers without so much as a sign of fatigue.

She rested against me for a long time while I rubbed circles into her back, stroked her hair, looking for anything that could close this distance between us.

Bella finally looked at me and freed herself to stand firmly. "It was nothing. I'm sorry, Paul, but I need some time to process... all of this." She murmured. She sprinted out of the house right as I was about to protest that Sam had requested her presence.

Excruciating pain hit me at the rejection. I fell to my knees. Damn leeches and whatever the hell had possessed Bella to make my heart feel torn out. I dragged my feet to the forest so I could tell Sam that we had a runaway.

Old Quil might have a point too, my girl was a little strange.

The tiniest creak of a branch was a minuscule trace to detect and pursue, even for him

The tiniest creak of a branch was a minuscule trace to detect and pursue, even for him. It was becoming increasingly more difficult as his target was leading him through unfamiliar territory.