ONE

"Sweeter then heaven

hotter than hell"

"What do you think I'm doing on a Sunday night? Clubbing? Drug dealing? Getting pregnant? Maybe I'm setting someone's house on fire, you never know" Quinn told her brother over the phone as he asked once again what she was doing

Quinn and her brother – Clayton (clay) lived in two different states, him living in New York, and her living in California. With their parents recent spilt, Quinn lived with their mom and clay lived with their dad.

"You literally can't get – never mind, and would you chill? I was just asking a question" he sighed from the other line as she rolled her eyes, suddenly taking a particular interest in her white chipped nail polish.

"Yeah, a question you've asked three times in the past five minutes" she exaggerated, holding her hand up in front of her face to get a better look at her nails.

"Whatever, call me after school tomorrow okay?" His concern came back as she sighed again.

"Yeah, yeah. I got it, goodnight" she hung up the call and put her phone on the charger.

Looking around at her unpacked room, she internally groaned. Packing was quite literally her least favorite thing to do, especially at 10 o'clock at night, so she decided she'd do it after school, but the odds of that weren't very high.

California wasn't exactly her first choice on where she wanted to move, in fact she wanted to move to somewhere smaller; like Oregon or Ohio. She never really liked New York because of how large and busy it was, and she knew California was the exact same way. But, she and her mom compromised on a small town in California, instead of the bigger city's like LA or San Fransisco.

Her mom however did try to convince her to be put into online schooling except actually going to a public school, she knew a little something about being the new kid: and it wasn't fun. But being the stubborn person Quinn was, she insisted she went to school, and that she'd be fine even if she didn't make any friends.

Sighing, she pulled her hair into a pony tail and laid down as she turned off her light, she looked up at the stars. not the actual stars, the plastic stars that her mom had been sticking to her ceiling since she was six. They wouldn't actually let her sleep outside, so this was the best she could do.

She liked to look at the stars, she always wondered if there was a secret life in the sky that no one knew about. Science had always interested her, the fact that either they weren't the only living things in the universe; or they were completely alone, both was scary enough. I mean, think about it; they could possibly be the only living beings in a million galaxy's, or there was life somewhere else that was either more advanced or less advanced than they were.

Checking the time once again, she turned on her stomach and closed her eyes. Hoping that tomorrow wasn't going to go as bad as her mom thought.

{ So guys I'm literally sO excited for this book and like you actually have no idea

Also this was just sorta like a introduction thing? It was just a little bit about her and her family and shtuf so...yeah I hope y'all enjoy my book and hopefully my series in the future }