FIVE

"the 5 by 5 rule;

if it won't matter in 5 years

don't spend 5 minutes thinking about it"

"I feel bad. I wish I could have been there so I could help." Quinn thought out loud as Allison told her about the incident Erica had climbing the rock wall earlier that morning.

"why did you get your schedule changed anyways?" Allison changed the subject, wondering as the two of them got their things out of the lockers.

"i'm not really sure, something about not having enough kids in the other class." Quinn shrugged truthfully. Allison remained quiet, looking at the ground.

"are you sure you're okay? is there something else bothering you?" Quinn asked after a minute of studying her friend. "hm? yeah, i'm good, see you at lunch." and with that Allison walked off. Quinn pursed her lips and walked away, heading to the locker room to get changed for her own PE class.

after she and everyone else got changed, she walked into the gym, hearing other kids groan at the sight of the rock wall.

"anyone wanna go first?" the woman coach asked, and at this point she was glad she wasn't in coaches class. at some point he would have to stop yelling.

"I will." Quinn volunteered shrugging, climbing a rock wall wasn't that difficult to her. it was like riding a bike, once you got the hang of it, it was a breeze.

"thank you, Quinn, here, get harnessed up and, Apsen, you can join her." Quinn ignored the lady and hooked herself to the harness, feeling someone approach the rock wall with her.

"so, I don't think i've seen you around, are you new?" Quinn started a conversation as the two of them starting climbing the wall. "first day, actually." the girl replied, looking up.

"yikes, on your first day you have to climb a rock wall? tough blow." Quinn cringed, remembering her first day.

"it's not too bad anymore." Aspen spoke, almost causing Quinn to stop, but she just smirked. "really?" she questioned. "mhm." Quinn noticed the girl falling behind and took that as an opportunity, she quickened her pace and made it to the top before easily dropping back down.

〰️

walking to her next class, she found Jackson cornering Lydia, and immediately ran to them.

"Jackson what the hell are you doing." she grabbed his attention angrily. "stay out of this parker, you have nothing to do with this." he told her, eyes on Lydia. "I beg to differ."

"you ruined it for me." he continued angrily as Lydia breathed quickly. "you ruined everything!" he yelled in her face, again she felt useless, even though she wanted to tare Jackson to shreds right now, he had 20 pounds of muscle above her.

"Jackson, walk away." was all she had. he looked at her before storming off.

"are you okay?" she softened her tone to the scared girl and Lydia grabbed Quinn's hand and pulled her into the nearest bathroom immediately sliding down the wall and sobbing.

Quinn was never good at emotions, but she put aside her pride and slid down the wall also and hugged the girl as she fell into her.

"what did he want?" but before Quinn could get an answer, Lydia's breathing got quieter as she started at the wall.

"this is the girls room." Lydia spoke, Quinn's eyebrows furrowing at who she was talking to. "Lydia there's no one in here." but Lydia ignored her and walked out slowly, looking down a hallway.

"Lydia?" Quinn asked as her friend looked at a spot by the trophies, she wasn't sure what she was looking at but she knew it freaked Lydia out. Lydia walked down the stairs shakily and walked towards the trophy case.

Quinn followed and looked to Lydia's focus, a trophy that had peter hales name on it, captain written underneath it. Quinn shook her head, he was dead. she saw him die in front of her. which, she had been trying to push away the fact that she watched a man die. yes, that man deserved hell, but Quinn never wished death upon anyone. even peter.

〰️

"hey." Quinn greeted Scott and stiles and sat down at their lunch table, but neither boys were paying attention. their focus, and everyone else's attention, was at the door where Erica stood, completely made over.

"what, the holy hell, is that." Lydia slammed her hands on the table. "it's Erica." Scott replied as the four of them watched as she took some guys apple, completely aware that she had everyone's attention.

"where are they going?" Lydia asked as Scott and stiles scrambled after Erica. "i have no idea." Quinn mumbled in shock.

"you're coming to Allison's tonight, right?" Lydia asked her, looking at her nails. "right. right after i talk to my mom, she said something about it being important." she shrugged, not used to having "talks" with her mom anymore.

〰️

"mom? i'm home." Quinn yelled throughout her house, throwing her bag on the ground. "mom?" she yelled again as she got no answer. she walked further into her house, into the kitchen where she found something she thought she'd never see again.

"dad?" she spoke softly as he smiled. "hey, Q" he replied as he walked over and hugged her. it had been a long time since she saw her dad and mom in the same room without them screaming at each other, and clay, clay was there too.

"what are you guys doing here?" Quinn asked as she hugged her brother. "your dads job moved him here, but he was coming back anyways, he- we thought it would be better if they lived here anyways." her mom spoke, happy that her daughter was happy.

"you're living here?" Quinn asked and they shook their heads. "no, no we're living not to far from here, clay is gonna need some friends at school though." her dad explained, glancing at Quinn.

"i don't need Quinn to give me friends, i'll be fine on my own." Clay rolled his eyes at his dad. "well, as much as i'd like to stay and chat, i already have plans tonight, i won't be out late." Quinn waved goodbye, heading to Allison's.

once she reached her friends house, she noticed Allison looking at her outfit in the mirror, and Lydia nodding approvingly.

"dang you look good. it wouldn't be for, hm i don't know, Scott?" Quinn smirked, sitting on her friends bed. "no- hey dad." Allison greeted her dad who cleared his throat at her doorway.

"going out?" he asked, "studying." she lied as she walked over to him as Lydia and Quinn gave each other knowing looks.

"so what took so long?" Lydia made conversation as Allison chatted with her dad. "my dad and brother are moving here, which is good, i guess." Quinn shrugged, it'd be weird to go to school with clay again. "the hot one?" "i only have one brother." Quinn rolled her eyes.

"you have a brother." Allison joined the conversation as her dad walked away. "yes, his name is clay, and he's coming to school with us next week." Quinn explained, forgetting that no one really knew she had a brother.

"oh, well, you guys ready to go?" Allison asked as they both nodded, following their friend on their way to meet Scott and stiles.