FOURTEEN

"Its okay to be a glow stick,

sometimes we need to

break before we shine."

Quinn felt it

Quinn felt it. she felt it in her chest. in her stomach. in her head. everywhere. the pain was almost unbearable.

Clay had been sleeping on the chair next to her bed, and she couldn't say how long because she lost track of time.

she wanted to get up and help her friends, but she knew she wouldn't make it five feet without fainting.

"hey." Clay was bow sitting next to her as she tried to smile, but it didn't work out well.

"hey." she swallowed thickly and he grimaced. "so, Issac kind of filled us in on everything." Clay told her and if she could have, she would've widened her eyes.

"what? what did he tell you?" she asked and he looked at her, "everything. the kanima and the wolves. when i said everything, i mean everything." Clay explained and she nodded, to weak to care at this point.

"i'm not going to yell at you until you're better." he told her, "if i get better." she looked at him with a knowing look.

"no. you're not dying, deaton is working now."
Clay shook his head and she put a hand on his, "Clay, do mom and dad know?" she asked and he nodded, "Issac thought it would be best if they knew the truth." he replied and she nodded, looking up.

"how's Scott and Stiles? is everyone okay?" she asked and he shook his head, "Stiles keeps calling it to tell me to tell you everything that's happening, i guess he must know you'd wanna know." she looked at him expectantly.

"but before that, Allison called." he sighed and she looked up. "Quinn, her mom was murdered" she looked at him so fast it almost gave her a whiplash.

she pushed the covers off herself and sat up, nearly throwing up in the process before she was being pushed back down by her brother.

"absolutely not, are you crazy? you didn't let me finish, i only know this because she was crying when she called. i don't think she would've told me other wise. she said to make sure you stay in bed, she'll be fine and she'll talk to you when you're better." he explained and Quinn still wasn't okay with this. Allison's mom was dead and she couldn't be there for her friend.

"if." she mumbled again, making him glare at her. "anyways, Stiles said they're trying to get Matt arrested, Scott's mom talked to him and now they're getting a warrant. Derek also called, so you even know how much i have to remember to tell you?" he sighed dramatically and she chuckled, throwing her into a coughing fit.

"go on." she told him once she was done, "he said Issac, Erica, and someone named Boyd somehow survived their first full moon. i guess he said you told him to tell you afterwords." he shrugged, and even though she didn't remember that, she believed it.

she began to fall asleep again, looking at Clay and he nodded. "you get some sleep to. in a real bed." she whispered and he nodded, kissing her on the forehead as she felt her eyes flutter shut.

〰️

for the next few days, Quinn was in and out of it. she could barley hear anything anymore, but the pain was gone. she wasn't coughing up blood, and deaton had even came by a few times to try and help. but he had no luck.
he told her something she didn't tell anyone, he told her that she wasn't coming back from this.

when she opened her eyes again, people were in all corners of her room. if she knew them, they were there. no one noticed she was opening her eyes yet. Scott, Stiles, Allison, and Lydia were standing next to her bed, while Clay was sitting on it.

"did you kick ass?" she asked, catching the attention of them all, Allison who smiled nodded. "yeah, we got him." she told her and Quinn nodded.

Mrs. McCall had been there all day, doing the best she could to help Quinn in anyway she could, but it was no use. she knew she was dying.

her mom and dad were sat next to Clay, apparently either deaton or Scott's mom had broken the news, cause no one looked very good.

"so, how's Jackson? did you save him?" she looked to Lydia, who must've been caught up on everything, and she nodded. "good." Quinn smiled before looking up.

Scott and Issac could hear her heartbeat slowdown, making them want to look away. they listened intently until it stopped. Clay reached up and shut her eyelids while her parents excused themselves from the room of people, with Scott's mom following after.

nearly everyone was out of the room except for Lydia, and Allison, who were clinging onto each other. it wasn't until Quinn started, smoking when they stopped dead in their tracks from leaving.

it looked like she was burning from the inside out, and that was when she really started burning. literally, her body caught on fire.

Allison called for Scott and Stiles as they all watched in confusion and amazement, watching as the flames put themselves out, turning her into a stone- like sculpture.

no one moved, as no one understood what was happening to their friend. that was, until the stone began to break and out came Quinn, looking just as confused.

she looked around at the ash and stone before she looked at her friends, and brother who's mouth was wide open in the doorway.

"what the hell?"

{well, that's it. season one and two have been fun to write, it so glad y'all liked it as much as you did :) )