SEVEN

"She'll take your name and number

then hit erase

and walk away"

"Ugh, from the pictures I cannot wait to meet your brother I mean –"

"Lydia!" Quinn screeched cutting her off as the two of them pulled up to the tournament.

"I'm just kidding, I like to mess with you, remember? It's okay to look, but not touch" Lydia smirked.

"I'm serious, he's not up for grabs anyways, he had something going on when I left, not sure where that went though" she told her, remembering the girl her brother would go on and on about.

"Hm" She hummed in response as Quinn scanned the crowd for clay, or his team.

Normally soccer games weren't jam packed like this, there might be 20-30 people at the most there. But tournaments were different.

They were much larger and there were many more people there, maybe 100-300 people each tournament. Mostly because there were about 30-60 teams playing at the same time.

"What like...color are they?" Lydia asked, searching for clay.

"Red" she muttered, smiling once she saw the familiar number 8 with 'parker' written on the back of it.

Quinn nodded towards her brother to Lydia and Lydia did a 'body scan'.

"Well he's much taller than you" she acknowledged.

"Yeah, my dads 6'2 and my moms 5'6 so, they're both pretty tall" Quinn told her as she starting walking over to him.

"Really? Where do you get your genes from then?" Lydia asked, talking about the fact that Quinn was 5'2 and "still growing".

"Ha Ha" she rolled her eyes and tapped him on the shoulder.

He stopped his conversation he was having with the kid she vaguely remembers his name to be jahred or John or something like that and turned around to face her. Once he realized who it was, a big smile erupted onto his face and he swung his arms around her shoulders to give her a big hug to which she returned.

"Oh, uh clay, this is Lydia, a friend" Quinn introduced once he released her.

"Hi, I'm –"

"Her brother, I know. I found it weird she didn't talk about you when she got there, so obviously I was initially skeptical that you were fake, but it's nice to meet you" Lydia interrupted, sticking her hand out.

"Like wise" he slowly shook her hand, glancing at Quinn who shrugged.

"I wish I could talk more, but I have to get going, you'll still be here after the game, right?" He asked, looking at his sister.

"Yeah, we have like 20 minutes after before we have to head back home" she nodded and he smiled, running off to the other side of the field with his teammates.

"So, explain soccer to me so I attract know a little bit" Lydia said when they sat down on the benches.

"so basically, you want to get the ball into that goal, and not let the other team get it into your goal." Quinn simplified for Lydia it as much as possible.

"So,What does your brother play?" Lydia asked

"Mid position, he's really fast so that's what they put him on" she told her and Lydia nodded.

The referee blew the whistle and the game started, clay looking over at them and winking.

"Are you sure I can't have one touch because -"

"Lydia!" Quinn quietly screeched.

Throughout the game, she watched her brother weave through people like it was no problem. Seeing in the past two or so weeks, she noticed he'd gotten noticeably better than before.

In the end, his team won 6-4, clay scoring three of those, not to mention. And, Lydia actually ended up liking soccer, which was a surprise to both of them. But Quinn figured it was because they could take off their shirts at half time.

"Your brothers really good" Lydia mentioned.

"Yeah? You should see Quinn play" they heard from behind them and turned around to be met with her brother smirking.

"You play?" She snapped her head towards Quinn with a shocked look on her face.

"Used to, they don't have a soccer team" she squinted at him.

"Um, yes they do, I don't know when try outs are but I know they didn't start yet" Lydia replied.

"There ya go" he smiled.

"Ah, isn't that little q" a new voice erupted behind them. She rolled her eyes already knowing who it was and turned around.

"Owen" she squinted her eyes at him.m

"Am I missing something?" Lydia asked, looking between the two of them.

"Nothing really, just a question, did you give Quinn your number?" He asked, looking at Lydia.

"duh" she replied slowly, confused.

"Still stuck on that are you?" She chuckled softly.

"Actually yes I am, another question,does she still have it?" He asked again.

"Yes?" She asked confused.

"Wait, actually?" He broke his façade and unfolded his arms.

"Yeah? Why is that such a shock, what am I missing?" Lydia asked looking at Quinn.

"He's butt hurt because I asked him for his number and then deleted it and left" Quinn shrugged.

"Um? You took my name and number, then hit erase and walked away!" He exaggerated, throwing his arms up.

"Alright bye Owen" clay chuckled, knowing the girls had to go. They bid their goodbyes and got in the car to go home.

"I think I like you even more now" Lydia smirked as Quinn pulled away.