TWELVE

"just close your eyes and

enjoy the little things in life"

"so, deaton knows?" quinn asked Scott as he rummaged through his room trying to find his phone

"i mean, peter tried to come collect me or something and he couldn't get through, he said something about mountain ash" he shook his head looking under his bed.

the phase mountain ash sparked a memory in quinn's head. she remembered hearing about it in history class in her old school. supposedly it was used to keep the beasts out of peoples homes and villages. it made sense seeing peter couldn't cross it, meaning what people thought were beasts were actually werewolves of some sort.

"call it again" scott urged stiles. "it's not here" stiles sighed in defeat.

"so you lost your phone, why don't you just get a new one?" stiles asked.

"i can't afford a new one, and i can't do this alone, we have to find derek" scott slammed on the floor to look through another part of his room.

"well A your not alone, you have me and B didn't you say derek walked into gun fire? sounds pretty dead" stiles asked and Quinn rolled her eyes at what stiles said.

"argents plan was to use him to get the alpha- they're not gonna kill him" Scott continued to run around his room, giving her a headache so she sat down on his bed.

"all, alright just let them do what they're planning, you know they use derek to get peter problem solved" stiles shrugged.

"not if peters going out to use alison to find derek" Scott yelled making Quinn stand up.

"i'm in" she hopped up and decided to help scott find his phone seeing they weren't leaving till he did.

"thank you" scott thanked.

"oh no, i'm not doing this for you, or for peter or derek, i'm doing this because if Alison gets hurt i'll invert your rib cage" she told Scott while not even looking at him, though knowing he and stiles shared the same look.

"i can't protect her on my own which means we need to find derek first- just help me" Scott continued, urging stiles to help him too.

"you probably lost it while you were fighting, remember that he was trying to kill you? after you interrupted him trying to kill jackson, are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?" stiles remained in his chair.

"irrelevant" Quinn rolled her eyes as she rummaged under his bed once more.

"he wasn't going to kill anyone and i'm not letting him die" Scott warned.

"could you at least think about letting him die? for me?" stiles asked to which Quinn found a book under Scott's bed and chucked it at his head.

"Quinn!" she heard from behind her making her laugh quietly.