Je ne regrette rien.

(You can start the song now ❤ or later, I'll inform you when.)

3rd POV

"Why are you here Anthony ?" Belle asked looking up at him. "Mom took my phone and i-I wanted to talk to you." Anthony said grabbing her hand and taking her to his car.

"You're not supposed to be sneaking out and driving at this time it's dangerous, my mom doesn't even know I'm here and-"

"Do you like swiming?"
***********************
The eerie darkness of that night would never escape Anthony's memory. He clearly remembered the pitch-black curtain draped over the sky, and the twisted, warped shapes that the stars made against the blackness.

The milky speckles twirled and danced along the sky in various patterns, tugging at the corners of Belle's lips in a way that almost made him smile. "You brought me back here again." She said taking in the beautiful scene that she couldn't get out of her mind.

It was hard to shove aside the worries corrupting her mind. She eventually stopped walking over the soft sand below her feet and just... stopped thinking. They were alone.

Nothing from Belle and Anthony's life could touch them, no pain. Not a single thing could harm them. Anthony stared up at the sky and studied the silver glow of the moon.

She smiled up at him with so much hope like no one has ever done before, something other than pity. And there he was, sitting on the shore at midnight trying to escape his life at home, not wanting to do anything but cry.

But the look that the moon gave Anthony didn't cause the storm to go on inside of him. Instead, a hot blue fire flickered in his heart and soon started to grow, eating at all of the dark emotions in its path.

Anthony's worries burned away, and the tears that were starting to form at the corners of his eyes melted down his cold face with a rush of relief.

Crying felt good, especially when they were tears that he didn't want to push away. They weren't drops of sadness, no. They were more like the feelings of joy, relief, happiness and freedom streaming away from his hurt eyes.

They were temporary cleaners to wash away the pain. He never cried, it just wasn't him. But that night, under the protection of millions of stars and the beautiful moon, Anthony felt like he could let the floodgates open with a single snap of my fingers.

He stared up at the sky and continued to let his pain run away for the moment. The cold midnight waves rolled in and tickled Anthony's feet as he stood on the beach, not ever wanting to leave.

The same place he had lost all hope to the point of almost killing himself, he had gained it back just from one person who wouldn't give up on him.

"Do you mind if I play a song?" Belle said softly hoping not to have startled him. Anthony nodded his head still looking up at the sky reminiscing. She took off her slippers and stood upright playing her favotite French song from her phone. (If you haven't already started playing it; you can start now.)

To dance over the sand barefoot was a pleasure to Belle. It was a tension inside, the yearning to dance freely and the fear of non-compliance.

She could dance in the darkness under moonless nights, yet even then the feeling would never be the same, always the unrestrained joy tainted by the fear of discovery.

The life ahead was all obligation, duty and a deference that never sat well with her soul. It is bad enough she can't fly with the birds, but never to move with grace and freedom?

I think that's why she did it - danced in the moonlight with her hair hung loose in the breeze. Yet she had no regrets. Not one.

When Anthony heard the music it was like liquid adrenaline being injected right into his blood stream - not so strong as to freak him out, but just enough to make him tingle a bit.

He'd never seen someone in real life dance, only on tv. Anthony watched her move to the soft music filling the place, crackling somewhat from her pocket.

For the most part that ancient song was her only audience, watching her with those two dusty blue eyes. As she turned her eyes caught him staring at her, him more adept at hiding in the shadows than she.

He dropped his eyes momentarily before looking again, his head tilted to one side and a shy smile played on his lips as he adjusted his shades embarrassed.

"Non, Je ne regrette rien." Belle said a bit louder grinning sitting back next to a speechless Anthony who looked the other way. "We should probably get going."

(English version of Je ne regrette rien)

No regrets

No! I don't feel sorry about anything

Not the good things people have done to me

Not the bad things, it's all the same to me.

No, nothing of nothing

No! I don't feel sorry about anything

It's paid for, removed, forgotten,

I'm happy of the past

With my memories

I lit up the fire

My troubles, my pleasures

I don't need them anymore

Broomed away my love stories

And all their tremble

Broomed away for always

I start again from zero

No regrets!

Neither the bad, all that I do not care!

No regrets!

Because my life, my joys

Today, they begin with you.

Don't forget to;

Read 📚
vote ✔
Annnnd COMMENT ☝

Hey guys 👋 How's your week been so far?

School started and I had to wake up early which sucked😭 but don't shizz your pants ❤❤❤❤ (jk!) I'll still be updating once a week sooooo yup. 😚😚😚😚 love ya

Thanks everyone who reads this book, you're all amazing and the best 💛 ok I'll go now byeeeee 😄