The Shifter

It was late at night. Beorn's house could be seen from a distance as it was dimly lit by tiny glowing oil lamps. A massive bear was growling and walking around. From the edge of the woods, Azog and his company watched the bear. One of his Orcs came up to him.

"Attack them now. Kill the Dwarf filth while they sleep." The Orc hissed

"No. The Beast stands guard." Azog growled as he angrily walked away from Beorn and the house. His Orcs following. They walked back to where the rest of their group were. Several Wargs were fighting each other.

"We will kill them on the road." Azog finalised

Azog and his Orcs all snapped to attention when they heard a sound vibrate through the clearing, a deep sound that rattled the trees causing them to pull out their weapons. Another large, pale Orc astride a Warg ran up to them, and the Warg stopped inches from Azog, growling at his face. Azog stood without flinching, although he snarled. The pale Orc, Bolg, was holding a weapon shaped like a sharp spinal column,  he had iron plates embedded in his skull and chest, acting as a sort of natural armor.

"They are gathering in Dol Guldur. The Master has summoned you!" He hissed

Azog growled in anger, the dwarf-scum would  have to wait another day.

______________________

It was still night in Beorn's house. A mouse scampered across Beorn's chessboard, which had pieces shaped like bears. Their little bodies tumbling happily as they jumped and played between the pieces.

The dwarves were sleeping all throughout the house. Some goats chewed on hay, happy to ignore the random guests that were sprawled about.

Bilbo, who wasn't sleeping, sat up and looked around. Draco lay curled up beside him, he tiny head sheltered by a make-shift pillow made from straw. After making sure that no one was watching him, he pulled out the Ring. Examining it as he marveled at its golden exterior. As he examined it, a dark voice was heard chanting softly.

"Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum ishi krimpatul."

[One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.]

It was still night, and several Orcs were heading into the fortress.

Azog walked out onto a raised walkway in Dol Guldur. A darkness flew through the air, jolting and weaving through the small crowd of orca, grabbing an unsuspecting one, the darkness tossed it off the side of the fortress, it's high pitched squeal sounding through the still night. Stopping before Azog, it began to speak.

"We grow in number. We grow in strength. You will lead my armies." It said in a dark, deep voice that chilled the orcs to the bone.

"What of Oakenshield?" Azog asked, his beady eyes holding no ounce of fear as he regarded the dark mass before him.

"War is coming."

"You promised me his head!"

The darkness flew right through Azog, and he spun around to face it.

"Death will come to all.

The Darkness disappeared, leaving Azog snarling. An Orc came up to him, cowering as it sweeper its beady eyes around the falling fortress.

"Do we call off the hunt?" He asked, his voice weary as he regarded the fuming orc before him.

Azog contemplated for a few seconds, before he made up his mind, yelling out a name into the dark, he waited impatiently as a tall orc came forward.