Farewell Mirkwood

Previously

He then ran towards the river, tossed his axe to one of the floating dwarves, then gracefully jumped into an empty barrel.

Meanwhile, Legolas, Tauriel, and the other elves had caught up to the dwarves and orcs, and they fought the orcs. At one point, Legolas leapt over the river and landed with a foot on the heads of two dwarves, from this vantage point, he shot orcs on either riverbank. He aimed carefully, and managed to skewer two orcs through the head with one arrow. Legolas continued fighting orcs, using the heads of floating dwarves as stepping stones to get across the river. While he was preoccupied fighting an orc, another orc ran up behind him and raised its sword to kill him. Thorin, from his barrel in the river, threw his sword and managed to kill the orc behind Legolas. Legolas and Thorin looked at each other with some sort of understanding. Legolas stopped pursuing them as the dwarves continued floating down the river. It seemed like all the orcs are dead. However, as Legolas watched the dwarves float away, an orc drew its bow and aimed at him. It shoots, but its arrow was suddenly deflected in the air by Tauriel's own arrow. As Legolas spun around in surprise, Tauriel attacked the orc and forced it to its knees. Just before she could decapitate it with her knife, Legolas stopped her.

"Tauriel! Dartho! Ú-no hono. Ho hebo cuin." He said

[Tauriel! Wait! This one we keep alive.]

Bolg and his remaining orcs continued chasing the dwarves.

"Ban khozdai-go! Sha-mogi obguryash!" He yelled

[After them! Cut them off!]

Legolas stared after the dwarves for a second, then turned and headed back toward the Woodland Realm. Tauriel watched the dwarves floating away, being chased by orcs, and looked conflicted as to whether or not she should follow them or Legolas.

Meanwhile, Gandalf walked up a hill and found some ruins.continuing forward he carefully climbed a narrow stone ledge built into the side of a tall, bare, mountain. Just as he reached a door in the side of the mountain, the stone ledge he was standing on crumbled away, and he began to fall, but managed to catch himself and climbed onto the entrance of the doorway. A set of metal interlocking bars that had in the past covered the doorway now sat broken and bent away from the opening. Gandalf stepped through the doorway and into a short tunnel going into the mountain. He was suddenly grabbed by some invisible force and was pulled swiftly into the mountain. The tunnel ended in a vast, cavernous hollow in the mountain, and the ground fell away into the distance at the end of the tunnel. Gandalf managed to stop himself from falling into the pit. He blew the end of his staff and made it glow; with this light, he examined his surroundings. On the far wall of the cavern, he saw a door similar to the one he had just entered; he went to it by carefully walking on narrow stones set in the sides of the cavern.

This door's metal grate had also been broken and bent away. Gandalf entered the crypt and saw a tomb inside. However, the cover of the tomb had been broken. Suddenly, a bird flew out of the broken tomb at Gandalf. Gandalf started, then turned around to find Radagast behind him.

"Oh, it's YOU!" He said

"Why am I here, Gandalf?" Radagast asked

"Trust me, Radagast. I would not have called you here without good reason."

Radagast removed his hat, and three birds flew into the nest on his head. He then replaced his hat.

"This is not a nice place to meet."
He said

"No, it is not." Gandalf agreed

They exited the crypt and looked around at the cavern.

"Theses are dark spells, Gandalf. Old, and full of hate. Who was buried here?" Radagast asked