-Chapter 37-

A/n: WE HIT 100K WTF WOW THANKS GUYS

I sipped on my icy drink as I scrolled through the notifications on my phone. I didn't have long before I was due to see Luke again. Amy had slightly eased on the wedding stuff, realising she was going overboard.  As I turned my head to talk to Becky, a familiar face walked through the double doors of the cafe. I quietly freaked out, hitting Becky's arm as I bent down to avoid being seen. 

"Who is it?" Beck asked curiously, swinging her head around to see the person walking through the cafe. "Oh my God, is that Luke's ex?" My eyes were so wide, I'm surprised they didn't pop out of my head. I nodded violently while almost cackling. Jokes on her because I'm marrying the guy she took from me, eventually.

"Yeah, the one who we saw when the whole gang was out for a meal and she was still visiting." A part of me wanted her to notice me. Maybe then I could show off how Luke and I were so close and hint a bit at the engagement. Of course, I didn't try to interact with her because I knew it would only end badly. I didn't want drama.

She had changed her hair colour since the last time I saw her, this time it was a dark violet colour that shone in the light. However, she looked just as beautiful as she did the first time I saw her, making my heart falter slightly. I had nothing to worry about, Luke was faithful and wasn't even with me. I just automatically panicked. I took a moment to calm myself down, feeling Becky's eyes dart between the two of us. I kicked her under the table a little too harshly. Her eyebrows furrowed and we shared a glare. 

"Don't-" I started as her eyes fell onto the girl at the counter.

"-Sophia?" She yelled in a high-pitched fashion. I coughed loudly over the top, praying to God that she hadn't heard her, but he mustn't have been on my side that day. Her hair gracefully swung around her as she looked in our direction, a dazed look residing on her face. Becky dramatically waved her over and, for some unknown reason, she actually walked over. "How have you been?" 

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" She asked, keeping that fake smile on her plump lips. She hadn't even noticed me yet. 

"I'm Luke Hemmings' friend, and this is his fiance." She slyly smiled at her, waving her hand in my direction. I gave her my best bitchy-smile, making her eye twitch slightly. 

"You? Really." She chuckled to herself, hovering over the table. I guess some people don't change. "You'd think he would have moved on."

"Mhm, well, I guess he's in love or something." I shrugged, keeping the smirk on my face. She rolled her eyes before turning back to Becky. 

"Well, it was nice to see you." She scrunched her face up in an ugly way, then walked back to the counter to pick up her drink. As soon as she left the cafe, I kicked Becky under the table. She couldn't stop laughing; she really thought she was a comedian or some shit. 

"What the fuck is wrong with you? That could have gone horrifically wrong." I groaned, tilting my head to one side and letting tiredness surge over my body. I had hardly been getting bad insomnia and I couldn't figure out why. I wondered if it had something to do with my weird sleeping patterns because of the times I talked to Luke on the phone. Time differences suck. "Can you hurry up and finish your coffee so we can pick up the bridesmaid dresses?" I rubbed my face and stood up to intimidate her. 

"God, would you calm down? I'm sure they aren't that bad." She horribly attempted to reassure me. See, Amy wanted me to help her with every single detail of the wedding, all except the bridesmaid dresses. She wanted to choose them out herself, and that seemed like the worst idea in the world. Not because she had a bad fashion choice, simply because I knew the other bridesmaids were her best friends and they all had very different styles to mine. Becky downed the rest of her coffee, then stood up next to me and gesturing for me to lead the way out. The dress shop was only a few stops down, so we walked.