Chapter 20

CHAPTER 20

Be Careful I’ll Let Yin Jian Bite You A!

“Here.” Xiao Chen looked at the ground under his feet and spoke.

Among the dense forest in the mountain, Jing Yue lay on a pile of dried grass. Yin Jian and Yin Feng, the two gray wolves, lay on her sides and narrowed two pairs of dark green eyes to sweep over the surrounding area. While beneath a tree trunk not far from the place Jing Yue was lying on on, Xiao Chen was staring at Jing Yue’s back with a gloomy face.

Jing Yue swallowed her saliva and closed her eyes; wasn’t it just grabbing a good place to sleep?

Just like that he would go as far as staring at her for the whole night?

That scorching gaze, it seemed like it wanted to stare a hole through Jing Yue’s back.

Jing Yue finally reached the end of her patience. She opened her eyes, sat up, glared at Xiao Chen and said: “Xiao Chen! In the end haven’t you seen enough ah!?”

“Get those two wolves away.” Xiao Chen narrowed his eyes when he looked at the two wolves which had raised their heads because of Jing Yue’s movement. His eyes were completely cold.

Jing Yue stared at Xiao Chen and frowned. Reaching out to stroke Yin Jian’s head, she said: “For this young lady’s personal safety, it’s necessary to have Yin Jian guarding me, who knows whether or not you’ll take advantage of the time I fall asleep and do some errant things to me.”

“Ben Wang has no interest in you.” Xiao Chen pulled the corners of his mouth into a sneer and spoke.

“Didn’t you?” Jing Yue blinked her eyes. She looked at Xiao Chen with an extreme dislike and said: “Really don’t know who’s been kissing me again and again and still two-facedly said not interested.”

“It seems you remember quite deeply?” smile flashed in Xiao Chen’s eyes. He slowly stood up and walked step by step toward Jing Yue.

When Jing Yue saw Xiao Chen’s approaching body, she immediately felt like she was a bird startled by a mere twang of bow* and hastily hid behind Yin Feng’s body. She stared at Xiao Chen, opened her mouth and fiercely said: “Wei wei wei…… you want to do what!? Be careful I’ll let Yin Jian bite you ah!”

“You can try, either it’ll bite me first, or I’ll kill it first.” Xiao Chen’s sharp eyes were narrowed. They coldly swept over Yin Jian and clashed imposingly with Yin Jian’s sharp eyes. Yin Jian whimpered for a bit and retreated step by step; fear flashed faintly through its eyes.

Seeing Yin Jian’s feeble cat appearance, Jing Yue’s face suddenly looked like she had wanted to weep but had no tears. She scolded: “Yin Jian! Can’t you be a little bit more promising ah!?”

Yin Jian was really wronged ah!

Which part of it was unpromising? Wasn’t it what master, you, had taught?

Couldn’t fight, then you just have to run away!

“Have you finished deciding?” Xiao Chen calmly leaned over to stare at Jing Yue’s petite figure and silently moved another step forward. Jing Yue hadn’t said anything, yet she already saw Yin Jian trembled all over, and just like that, it fled to a side of a tree trunk and stared at Jing Yue with a pair of eyes that were full of grievances.

“Really cannot make friends carelessly ah!” Jing Yue was slightly distracted. Her body hadn’t had the chance to stand up when a huge figure already pressed it down on the grass. Both of Jing Yue’s hands were pressed against Xiao Chen’s chest. With difficulty, she tried to push Xiao Chen’s pressing body away for a bit. Jing Yue opened a pair of bright eyes to look at Xiao Chen with a face that seemed like it was about to cry. Why did she feel like she was being watched by a wolf?

It was also a perverted wolf……

“Great great lord, what do you want to do in the end ah?” Jing Yue stared at Xiao Chen, full of grievances.

She really didn’t understand what had happened. She obviously had just wanted to borrow a carriage to enter the city; how could, just because she was a bit careless, she had already provoked such a super-huge-unrivalled trouble?

“What do you think I want to do?” smile flashed through Xiao Chen eyes when he saw Jing Yue opened her eyes so wide.

“As long as it isn’t to kill me, anything will be good.” When Jing Yue’s words finished, she immediately wished she could slap herself. Unbelievable! What kind of ghostly rubbish did I just say? Finished, finished…… a generation full of legendary reputation would be ruined here just like this.

—-

* 惊弓之鸟

Jīnggōngzhīniǎo : birds startled by the mere twang of a bow-string, someone who frightens easily due to past experiences.