Chapter 31

CHAPTER 31

Engaged to Each Other Before They Were Born!?

“Younger brother has never belittled Emperor Brother.” Xiao Chen lowered his eyes; his tone was flat and showed not in any way a peek to his mood.

“Fine…… You want to marry, just go marry then!” the Emperor looked ashen; he flung his sleeves and tried hard to press the anger in his heart.  Suddenly, the Emperor turned his body and left. Jing Yue stood frozen blinking her eyes; he just left? It’s ok to contradict the Emperor like this?

Tsk tsk…… It’s simply too freaking awesome!

“Jing Yue, your name is Jing Yue right?” At the time Jing Yue’s mind wandered; that Consort Goddess who had been sitting high above once again spoke.

“Yes.” Jing Yuen nodded her head and answered.

“Although the Emperor has allowed you to become the Ninth Huang Fei; before you manage to learn about the rules and etiquette in the palace, you absolutely cannot marry into the Wangfu.” The Consort Goddess straightened her body before she leaned over to stare at Jing Yue. She then shifted her gaze towards Xiao Chen and said: “Ninth Huang Shu, you understand how the Empress Dowager over there is.”

“I have my own sense of propriety.” Xiao Chen shifted his gaze away without even looking at the Imperial Consort’s face. The Consort Goddess’s face went pale; she tightly pursed her lips, stared at Xiao Chen and said: “For so many years you has refused to enter the palace, now that you’ve entered the palace for her, are you still unwilling to see me even for a moment?”

“Imperial Consort Goddess, please pay attention to your identity. I still have other matters to attend; we’re going to leave first.” Xiao Chen’s expression went cold. He raised his hand to pull Jing Yue’s and pulled her out of the palace hall.

“Xiao Chen!” the Imperial Consort’s furious roar could be heard behind them; however, Xiao Chen’s steps didn’t falter in the slightest. The Imperial Consort stood up, apparently she wanted to go out and chased the two people. The maid at her side however, unyieldingly pulled her body down and with a low voice that maid said in her ear: “Goddess, calm down.”

“He still refuses to forgive me……” The Imperial Consort’s eyes reddened. She vehemently clutched the handkerchief in her hands and seemed to use all her power to close her eyes. When she opened her eyes again, they were filled with ruthlessness. She clenched her teeth and said: “He actually dares to marry someone else. Find out that woman’s identity now, I want her to live worse than death!”

“Yes.” The maid at her side shivered. All these years, those women in Ninth Huang Shu’s side, they didn’t die tragically without any reason. This time Ninth Huang Shu actually made such a great fanfare for a woman, how could the Imperial Consort let this go?

Xiao Chen and Jing Yue, two persons finally went out of the palace. He strangely became silent in the carriage, that cold face of his made Jing Yue slightly knitted her eyebrows. She always felt that there was something strange between Xiao Chen and that Imperial Consort, however, she didn’t know whether she should ask or not.

Xiao Chen, who had been silent along the way out of the palace, suddenly got down from the carriage and walked away. He only left an instruction to the people below to bring Jing Yue back into the Wangfu.

On the couch inside her room, Jing Yue lay on her stomach eating the grapes on her hand, she completely had not the slightest care about her image. She stared at Yin Qiao who was folding clothes beside her, opened her mouth and asked: “Yin Qiao, you say, in the end what kind of relationship do Xiao Chen and that Imperial Consort actually have ah?”

“Huang Fei, you don’t know?” Yin Qiao, somewhat flabbergasted, blinked her eyes and stared at Jing Yue.

“Know what?” Jing Yue sat her body up. Looking at Yin Qiao’s appearance, it seemed there were some gossips to be heard.

“No…… Nothing.” Yin Qiao hung her head down at once. She didn’t dare to speak.

Jing Yue frowned as she saw Yin Qiao didn’t finish her words. She suddenly raised her eyebrows in resentment: “Speak!”

“Huang Fei, everyone in the Imperial City knows about this matter. At that time, Consort Goddess was not yet a Consort Goddess. She and Ninth Huang Shu had been engaged to each other even before they were born. They were a beautiful couple that people talk about the most in the entire Dong Qing country. However, later, don’t know why, Consort Goddess actually entered the palace.”

Yin Qiao spoke with a tangled expression on her face. Jing Yue’s eyes went wide when she finished listening to Yin Qiao; this Imperial Consort was actually Xiao Chen’s former fiancée from his prior engagement; moreover, that engagement was arranged before he was born!?