Chapter 40

CHAPTER 40

What Kind of Backing Does That Woman Have?

ShangGuan LingLan came before Jing Yue. She stared up and down at Jing Yue and happily said: “It really is you?”

Jing Yue raised her eyebrows as she stared at ShangGuan LingLan and said: “You didn’t know whether it would be me or not yet you just came forward and called out loud? Really audacious.”

ShangGuan LingLan went blank for a moment before she came out with a hearty laugh. She looked at Jing Yue who seemed to be increasingly pleasing to her eyes, opened her mouth and said: “Haha…… I even thought that you’d come to the school riding your wolf.”

“Those two guys were drunk. Even now, they’re still half sober.” Jing Yue helplessly rubbed her forehead and said: “Do you also study in this school?”

“Yes ah, we’ll be schoolmates in the future.” ShangGuan LingLan smiled as she looked at Jing Yue and said: “My name is ShangGuan LingLan. Later, you can ask me if you have any problems. It is neither smooth nor steady in this school; you don’t have any background so you will definitely be bullied. Whoever dares to touch you, you can come and tell me.”

Jing Yue stared at ShangGuan LingLan in astonishment after she heard what she had said. Her ‘I’ll cover you’ appearance greatly increased Jing Yue’s good impression towards her. Jing Yue smiled, nodded her head and said: “I will.”

“Let’s go.” ShangGuan LingLan was about to take Jing Yue into the school when they saw Jing Yan walked directly towards them.

Jing Yan smiled looking at Jing Yue and said: “Ninth Huang Fei also comes here to study etiquettes? We’ll be schoolmates later.”

“Yes ah, we’ll be studying together in the future.” Jing Yue forced a few laughs out before she turned towards ShangGuan LingLan and said: “We should go inside.” Unexpectedly, just like that, Jing Yue had completely ignored Jing Yan’s goodwill. She took ShangGuan LingLan and walked into the school.

ShangGuan LingLan was somewhat dumbfounded; she then gave Jing Yue a thumb up; to actually ignore Jing Yan just like that, really arrogant ah!

“What kind of backing does that woman have?” Jing Yue also didn’t know why, but when she looked at Jing Yan, she had an ineffable feeling that Jing Yan was too artificial and it made people couldn’t have a good impression towards her.

ShangGuan LingLan’s eyes suddenly widened when she heard Jing Yue’s question. She stared at Jing Yue in amazement and said: “You actually don’t know?”

Jing Yue blinked her eyes, seemed bewildered, and asked: “Should I know?”

“She is a miss from the Prime Minister’s Residence, her name is Jing Yan. Inside this school, she can be considered as one of the best.” ShangGuan LingLan opened her mouth and spoke.

“Prime Minister’s Residence ah……” Jing Yue nodded her head and no longer spoke. Strolling slowly, they finally arrived to a field inside the school; when she saw those jam-packed beauties, a stunned expression suddenly flashed through her eyes, she suddenly thought about the time the Emperor selected concubines.

It must have been very easy ah!

“The first lesson today, standing.” The people who were teaching were three momo* who came from the palace. They had not the slightest amount of gentleness nor leniency when they were teaching; should be hit then they would hit, should be chided then they would chide; there was no such thing as family’s background in these momo’s eyes. At least, that was what they showed in their behavior.

Standing, for Jing Yue who had already stood at attention in military once, simply was not even a bit of trouble. Looking at Jing Yue’s posture that didn’t budge even for an inch, Yun momo who led the lesson nodded her head in satisfaction. “Not bad.” Yun momo, who rarely opened her mouth to praise people, was actually praising someone.

Suddenly, everyone was riled. Anger flashed through Jing Yan’s eyes; this woman has just come in this school for one day and she already grabbed her limelight! She is obviously only a woman without any background, only a wild girl counting on this Ninth Huang Fei identity as a support! She is actually being better than herself!

The more Jing Yan thought about it, the angrier she became. Her chest moved up and down rapidly, her standing posture also became somewhat unsteady and she couldn’t help but started to sway.

“Jing Yan, what’s the matter with you today?” Yun momo frowned as she stared at Jing Yan; usually, this Jing Yan could be considered as the best among these girls; why is she repeatedly making mistakes today?

*momo: older/senior maid; you can read that as mama or momo, personally I preferred to say momo…