Chapter 23

CHAPTER 23

As Huang Fei, Seize the Throne

Jing Yue stood frozen and the smile on her face faltered, a trace of peculiar feeling flashed in her heart. She originally thought Xiao Chen wouldn’t care about her past, she didn’t expect that he would still begin to doubt her. If she didn’t guess wrong, Xiao Chen must have already had herself secretly investigated.

“Wu……” Yin Jian rubbed its head against Jing Yue’s leg and raised it to stare at Jing Yue with a pair of wolf’s eyes that were full of intimate feeling.

“Aiya…… you guys are still the best.” When Jing Yue saw Yin Jian looked like this, she immediately crouched down to hug Yin Jian Yin Feng the two wolves and rubbed against their head, covering the peculiar ray in her eyes. Some matters would be known sooner or later.

It took a whole month to get to the imperial city from the forest. Moreover, the numbers of ambushes they got on their journey were so many that Jing Yue was already numb about them.

Jing Yue, who was lying down lazily inside the carriage, stared at Xiao Chen’s cold face, pursed her lips and asked: “Xiao Chen, in the end how many people have you offended that you’d suffer this many assassination attempts ah?” This was already the N-th time she mocked Xiao Chen.

“Why? Afraid?” Xiao Chen spoke indifferently without lifting his lowered eyes.

“They didn’t come to kill me anyway, what am I afraid of?” Jing Yue spoke and rolled her eyes without the slightest care.

This time Xiao Chen raised his head, put the book on his hand down, indifferently stared at Jing Yue and said: “It seems you still do not have the slightest awareness that you already are the Ninth Huang Fei.”

As soon as Jing Yue raised her head and saw Xiao Chen’s gaze, all the hairs in her body suddenly stood up; every time Xiao Chen showed this kind of expression, bad things would absolutely happen. Jing Yue suddenly shivered and she frantically tried to escape.

“Lord……” obviously, there was no way Jing Yue could escape from Xiao Chen.

Jing Yue had just made a small movement when she was suddenly captured back to Xiao Chen’s side. Those big hands fastened at Jing Yue’s waist were cunningly sliding up and down, making Jing Yue’s whole body shuddered and her neck stiffened without even dared to budge.

“Master, the emperor has commanded the second prince to welcome Huang Shu before we enter the imperial city.” just as Jing Yue’s heart was ready to accept her death, Xing Yi, who stood outside the carriage, spoke.

“En.” Xiao Chen’s expression suddenly changed and he slowly released Jing Yue. Because of those words, he suddenly became loftily cold and reserved; a strange storm seemed to be brewing inside those black eyes of his. Jing Yue shrank her body quietly towards one corner of the carriage.

Wu wu wu (whimper)…… so scary……

Jing Yue tried hard to minimize her existence. There was a flash of strange color among her slightly downcast eyes. It’s that second prince again; it seemed this person was Xiao Chen’s enemy. But one was obviously a Huang Shu, the other was a prince, how could they become enemies?

Anyway there was no throne to contest for……

Wait……

Could it be……? Xiao Chen wanted to seize the throne!?

“What are you thinking about?” At the moment Jing Yue’s was stunned in her heart; Xiao Chen’s voice suddenly appeared next to her ear. The shock almost made Jing Yue jumped. She raised her hand to pat her heart as she stared at Xiao Chen who already recovered his expression.

Jing Yue resentfully glared at Xiao Chen and said: “Can’t you stop leaning this close every time? Really scared people to death.”

“I scare people?” Xiao Chen’s face sank; he was actually told that he scared people?

“Have we arrived at the Imperial city yet ah? I’m about to become moldy sitting in this carriage……” Jing Yue stretched herself, pouted her lips and complained to Xiao Chen.

“Soon.” Xiao Chen straightened his body as he sat before indifferently answered a word.

In the afternoon, they really arrived in front of the Imperial city. They obviously hadn’t entered the Imperial city yet, but Jing Yue already heard the clamor. Difficult to endure the itch in her heart, Jing Yue secretly lifted one corner of the carriage’s curtain to look outside. What she saw were actually countless soldiers lining up into two rows, isolating the commoners outside the line.