15. We are your Family, Katie

Pidge's P.o.V.:

"Wha..", was all my mouth was able to bring out. She nodded and a small sad smile lied on her lips. "Yeah.. I know Matt..", She confessed. Of course she knew him, both of them were working on the Kerberos Mission for the Garrison. But how could she know, that I am his sister?

"I know.. you both worked at the Kerberos Mission. But how-", I began. She cut me off, "How do I know who you are?" She chuckled. "Matt always talked about you. 'My little sister Katie, she is a genius and though we have our fights I really love her. She is such a dork. You know, I used to tease her with the nickname Pidge, and she used to freak out about it and hit me... 

He always said, 'You and my little sister Katie.. You would get along quite nicely, and blah blah blah nerd stuff...'", She imitated him. "And you and your brother look alike a lot. You have the same eyes."  I laughed and felt the tears rise again. Before I could stop them, one tear began running down my cheek. Y/n leaned forwards and brushed it away with her thumb. Immediately she pulled me into a hug, and I started sobbing against her shoulder.  Quietly I mumbled. , "I just... miss them so much. What exactly happened? I- I mean they didn't die, right?"

She shook her head but shrugged. "I  am sorry.. I don't know. Since the Galra captured us, I haven't seen him nor your father. I hope they're okay..", She whispered. I felt her hand gently rubbing circles on my back.

Y/n P.o.V.:

We slowly pulled apart and I looked into Pidge's hazelbrown eyes. I felt an urge to kiss her but I didn't where this crazy idea came from. I decided against doing it. Instead I just held her hands and said, 

"Don't worry. Both your father and your brother are one of the smartest people I know. I don't have the feeling, that they are in danger. I know that you are worried and scared. But we are right in the middle of a galactic war, and fighting for the universe means fighting for your family. And after all this quiznak is over, I am sure we will find them. And until then we are your family. Shiro, and Hunk, and Keith, and the princess, Coran, and hell even Lance. We are here for you, Katie."

She smiled and a big blush spread across her cheeks. "Thank you, Y/n. I don't know what I would do without you." I felt heat crawling up my neck and replied a, "No problem."

I pulled her into a hug again and suddenly she snorted. "What?", I wondered. 

"The half of the movie is already over.", She just laughed.