16. The mission

Y/n P.o.V.:

"Hey Y/n?", Someone asked and I raised my head to see who. "Yes Allura?", I asked as I saw her smiling at me. "So, Keith and you are going to find the red lion today. I was able to find some coordinates, but I couldn't get anything specific because the lion is on one of the war ships of the Galra. But I couldn't find the exact position of the the lion. The Galra somehow were able to block the signal. That's were you come into the game."

I nodded and said, "Of course, Princess. When will the mission begin?"

"As soon as Keith arrives.", Allura answered. The second she mentioned Keith, I got nervous. He'll probably wants to talk about what happened. I gulped but nodded. 

-Time Skip-

Keith and I were standing infront of the blue lion. The princess decided, that Lance and Shiro should bring us to the ship. They will distract the Galra, while we sneak into the ship, so we can look for the lion. "Please be careful, I can't lose you.", Shiro said as he pulled me into a hug. "I'll be okay, don't worry." 

I walked into the blue lion, while Shiro walked into the black lion. Hunk, Allura, Coran and Pidge waved from the outside and the lions flew away and left the castle. After a few minutes we reached something that looked like a ship. The whole ride nobody said a word, except Lance. He tried to lighten the mood but neither Keith or me said something. 

"Hey Princess, I think we are there.", Lance said into his helmets mic. "Okay, thanks Lance. Y/n and Keith, activate your jet-packs as soon as possible and try to find the hatch on the underside of the ship. It leads to a corridor, from there on you are on your own, because the signal probably cuts off. Good luck, Paladins."

Lance slowly drew closer and opened the mouth of Blue. "Just.. be save guys! And Keith?"

Keith turned around and looked at Lance. "Yeah?"

"Uh.. N-nothing..", Lance mumbled and blushed. Keith shrugged and followed me. We flew out of the lion and right into space. He indicated me to follow him and I did. We floated under the ship and looked for the hatch, Allura told us about. Suddenly I saw it and tapped Keiths shoulder. As soon as I had his attention I pointed at the small door and together we went through it. 

He checked the corridor before we entered it. As soon as it was save we opened the visors of our helmets and he asked, "Are you feeling anything?" I tried to concentrate on any pain. After of not feeling anything, I shook my head "We have to search through the ship. Follow me and cover me. I don't have any weapons with me.", I said. "On it.", He replied as he raised his bayard, which turned into a katar. 

Slowly we made our way through the ship. Keith always checked the corridors whilst I concentrated on feeling anything. After what felt like an eternity I sighed. "Maybe the lion is on another floor?"

He nodded and said. "Let's check it." We continued walking until we heard voices. I implied on being silent with putting my finger on my lips. He pulled me into a niche in the wall and pressed me against his chest. I could feel his fast heartbeat. Suddenly I remembered why I fell in love with him. He always cared about other's more than about himself. Maybe Keith's dissappearance had a good reason. I should give him a chance to explain everything. We are both playing for the same team, so fighting against him isn't the right way.

We stayed in the niche until the voices were gone. "Is it safe now?", I wanted to know. He sneaked a glance around the corner and nodded. "Safe."

"You know, you've really changed since I saw you the last time.", I laughed. He raised one eyebrow and asked, "I did?" "You are even more of a loner than before. And your mullet has grown even more and I thought that wasn't even possible." He snorted, "Well you haven't changed a little."

"Is that a good thing?", I asked curious. He laughed and replied, "Definately." "Keith?", I asked carefully. He turned his head to me. "Why did you leave?", I asked, and felt the familiar pain of betrayal in my chest again. "Ugh.. I don't think now is the perfect time to talk about it.."

"Please, I just want to know why? W-Was it my fault?", I wondered hurt. That's when his face went pale and his eyes widened. "No! - No.. It's not your fault. It wasn't like I wanted to leave. I got kicked out of the Garrison. And after Shiro and you got picked for the Kerberos Mission it felt like there wasn't any reason to stay."

"But you didn't even say goodbye before I left. I thought you hated me.. I cried for nights.", I explained. His shocked face turned into sorrow. "I don't know.. I felt like shit and.. I am sorry, Y/n. After I found out that you and Shiro were stated as dead my whole life was a mess. I couldn't sleep, eat or do something. But then I started doing my researches and I was able to find you guys. Look, I am really sorry. What I did was not okay. But I hope you can forgive me?"

I didn't notice that we weren't walking anymore until now. We were standing in the middle of the corridor. "Yeah.. I forgive you.", I said, smiled and walked into his arms. He wrapped his arms around me and said, "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too."

Suddenly I felt pain in my head and jolted away from him. "The lion! I can feel him!"

LOOK AT MY GAY EMO BABY BOY! AGHHHH I LOVE HIM SO MUCH! GIVE THIS BOY SOME LOVE :D HE JUST WANTS GAY HUGS AND SOMEONE PLS! APPREACIATE THIS RAVEN HAIRED BOY AHIUHDFHAE I LO♥VE HIMMMMM ♥♥♥♥