(19)

I like to try and live a private life. I never imagined that my writing would be popular, so fast. 

I started writing because I love to travel, into my own world, that I control and I belong to. 

When all of you started enjoying my stories, it made me incredibly happy. Which is why when I disappear for long periods of time, and don't update, I understand that it can be disappointing. 

I live with mental illness. 

I'm not telling you this for sympathy or pity, or as an excuse. I'm telling you because I am stronger than I feel. 

I'm telling you this because I BELIEVE that even when I have bad days, I am my own person who can overcome anything life throws at me. 

It took me a long time to understand that.

When I don't update for awhile, I'm probably not feeling that great. I only update when I'm in a good frame of mind. But that doesn't mean I'm not ok. I'm living my life to the best of my ability.

I may not always reply to your messages, or edit my chapters (lets face it, I never edit anything). 

But I still update because I love to write and you guys love to read x

I'm sure you guys understand, everyone battles their own demons. 

So thank you for supporting what I do. I read all your comments, and wow you guys are amazing.

It means the world x

<><><><>

"You ready?" Jesse asks. 

"I'm ready." I whisper.

"I"m just warning you." He says. "It's pretty big."

"It'll fit." I grit my teeth.

We both push as hard as we can, trying to fit the industrial bolt through the door.

"Nah." Jesse gives up, slumping to the ground, dropping the pliers and screwdriver. "We're going to need an electric drill."

"It can wait." I assure him. 

"Those two psychos are after you, I think the sooner we can add some extra security to this house the better." He grunts. "I'm going to get a drill on my way home from work tonight. Do we need anything else from the store?"

"Just milk, bread, the normal stuff." I shrug. 

"I swear, if we go through any more milk we're gonna have to vote some kids off this island." He rolls his eyes. "See you tonight."

He leaves, and I'm left in a peaceful house.

Somewhat.

"Harper!" It's my turn to roll my eyes. 

"What do you need Asher?" I ask him sweetly, joining him in the kitchen. 

"How long do I have to keep washing the dishes? We own a dishwasher." He asks. 

"Until they're all gone." I shrug. 

"I'm sorry I was rude." He says. "I didn't mean it."

"I know you didn't." I assure him. "You're not a cold hearted person. Which is why you're only washing dishes." 

I leave him alone again to moan, wandering through the house on this perfect sunny Saturday morning. Half the family out playing sport, working, or still sleeping.