Chapter Nine

Tae

Tae

"Is everyone here?" Dad asked.

He was finally able to get all three of us on the phone for an answer about this tour.

"I'm here." I responded.

I slowed down the speed from full out running to a slow jog on Trey's treadmill.

"I'm here, Uncle Matt." Kelly said.

"Bey?" Dad called after a moment of silence.

"Yeah, I'm here. Sorry, Blue was asking me something."

"So what did we come up with? Yay or nay?" He asked hesitantly.

"I say yay." Kelly spoke up first.

"I guess my answer is yay too." I added reluctantly as Kelly shrieked.

"I'll do it." Bey finally agreed after a long pause.

"Glad to hear it, ladies. I'll start working on details while you start figuring out your show. I'm truly elated. This has been my dream for years."

"I'm excited too, Uncle Matt," Kelly concurred, "girls, where are you?"

"I'm in LA." I replied.

"I'm home in NYC." Bey said.

"Tae, How long you been here and why you ain't tell me?" Kelly asked.

"Just a couple days. I brought the kids out here to see their dad and thought I'd stick around. Last minute decision. I was gonna call you before I went home."

"We should meet up. Titan would love to see his cousins."

"Of course. Just text or call me later."

"I feel left out." Beyonce mumbled.

"You all the way on the east coast, honey. That's not our fault." Kelly teased.

"Not to interrupt, but I need to jump off and take another call. I'll get the details squared away. And I'll be calling to set up another meeting to discuss everything soon. Talk to y'all later. Love you." He said ending the call.

Although this would be difficult, I thought long and hard about what Trey said the other day.

This wasn't about me; it was about the group, our fans, and being able to eat off of this for the rest of our lives.

The three of us owed it to our fans, to Daddy, and even ourselves to put on this last show.

"What's up sexy?"

Trey walked into his home gym drinking a smoothie.

"Hey." I said slowing the treadmill to cool down, "Y'all have fun?"

He insisted on taking the kids to Six Flags today while I had some alone time and it was much appreciated.

"We did. They're exhausted though. They passed out in the car."