Chapter Fourteen

Trey

Trey

I had a blast kicking it with my family today.

The kids woke us up hella early to open their gifts and play while the rest of us leisurely partook in all the snacks and liquor we desired.

As we did that, we entertained ourselves with circulating games of Taboo, Uno, and spades.

After a while, the group separated and the fellas and I went down in the den section of the basement to play video games as we smoked.

"Man you gotta be cheating." Alex said as we played Madden.

"I'm just that good." I replied scoring a touchdown, "and that's game."

"Damn Alex, I thought you had his ass." Forrest griped.

"I thought I did too. The nigga's good." He told him.

I invited Alex over today so that we could get to know one another.

So far, he was cool; down to earth, pleasant, hilarious sense of humor.

I could already sense a similar disposition between us which was eerie being that we just met yesterday.

Although I was pissed at Claude for not telling me sooner, I was grateful that he eventually grew a pair and was able to right his wrong.

"It's time for dinner boys." Mumma yelled as she walked downstairs with Anna on her heels.

"Shit." Forrest whispered quickly trying to put the joint out, "uh, yes ma'am."

"What's that smell? Y'all better not be doing what I think y'all doing up in my house."

"Of course not, girl." Forrest said sucking his teeth, "we got you."

"Yeah, aight."

She cut her eyes from Forrest to me.

"Merry Christmas, Mumma." I spoke with a smile to lighten her mood.

She couldn't help but chuckle.

"Don't try to pull that cute face on me, boy. I ain't fall for it back then, I ain't falling for it now."

Anna giggled as she held on to her Nana's leg.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"You like to see your daddy get fussed at?" Mumma questioned.

She nodded and giggled louder.

Instantly, I stood and grabbed her holding her above my head.

"You mine. How you gon flip on me for your Nana?"

"Sorry, Daddy! Sorry!" She shrieked excitedly, "Nana, help me! Uncle Ruski?!"

"They can't help you." I let her know as I smiled at her beautiful face, "I thought I was your favorite person in the world?"