16

LOGAN'S P.O.V.

I looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to start explaining. I've been noticing things for a long time now, but I always found logical explanations, like falling out of bed, or not sleeping well, since there was never any other evident reason for him to be hurt.

But now that I knew for sure there was something wrong, I just had to ask.

Silence fell between the three of us. Anxiety, as pale as a ghost, was still holding the ice against his bruising cheek and I could almost see the fight he was having with himself behind his eyes. I raised an eyebrow once again and he sighed defeated, lowering his gaze.

"Do you remember the night when you guys spent the night having nightmares and panic attacks?" He asked, looking at me from behind his bangs.

I nodded perfectly remembering that night. It was probably the worst thing I have ever experienced. But I couldn't bring myself to understand why he was bringing that up, since he was the one who-

"You said it was my fault. It wasn't." This sentence immediately snapped me out of my thoughts.He wasn't the culprit? How was it possible? It's the only logical explanation, there was no one else in the Mindpalace and he was the only one unaffected by this-

"There were three other people in the Palace. Three intruders." He began, his voice slightly deepening and his eyes staring at me without actually seeing me, lost in the memories.

I listened to the whole story and the more he went on, the more I could not believe what I was hearing. I felt like going back in time and slap myself for every single mean thing I said to him. He was, and still is, protecting us from those monsters and all we did was insult him and push him away! 

"They have beaten me up ever since, every day, until Patton and I became friends, that day in the Music Room." He finished smiling at the dad like trait.

"I... I do not know what to say, if not that I'm terribly sorry. If only I could go back in time I would do things differently. I'm so sorry I never noticed." I said, feeling a single tear run down my cheek. He just smiled sadly at me.

"Don't worry, I didn't want you to notice. Plus there's nothing you guys can do about it." 

"I am positive I will find something in my library to help you get out of this situation." I said confidently but he immediately chuckled humorlessly.

"You really think I didn't already looked there? I did it a long time ago, and I found nothing." Now it was my turn to chuckle, satisfied that my invention worked perfectly well.

"That is because you didn't look the Hidden Section." I said proudly, fighting a smirk. He raised an eyebrow, surprised.

"The Hidden Section?" Patton asked confused. I just nodded and started explaining.

"As you probably know, not only do I represent 'logic', but I also represent 'knowledge' therefore I own books and things that, if in the hands of someone with malicious intents, could seriously harm Thomas and all of us consequently. That is why, when I created my library, I decided to include section completely hidden to anyone but me to protect those information." They looked at me seemingly impressed.

 I saw something flash in Anxiety's eyes. I didn't know exactly what it was, but to me it looked like hope. Hope that maybe there was something he could do. But that hope was gone just as fast as it came.

"Even if you did find something, you guys wouldn't be able to physically help me. That what the deal established." He said looking down, sadly.

There must be something we can do. There is no way in hell I will not help him now that I know what is going on.

'Come on Logan. Think. What did he say about the deal? What were the details? Surely there's a way out of-'

"I'm gonna go back to my room now." He said interrupting my train of thoughts and getting up, just to be immediately stopped by Patton's arm.

"Uh-uh-uh-uh, you're not going anywhere mister! You're staying with me so I can make sure you're okay and no one tries to do anything to you." He said crossing his arms and giving  Anxiety a stern yet soft and worried look. The dark clothed trait smiled at that.

"Okay Dad, I'll stay with you. But I still have to go to my room to take everything I need to spend the night in your room. Plus I have to make sure of something." He said, and before any of us could say anything, he was gone.

ANXIETY'S P.O.V.

I went to my room before any of them could stop me from doing it.I knew that there was something going on, something was not okay, because as much as Roman disliked me, one thing I know he would never do was hit me. Or at least I hoped.

As soon as I got to my room I didn't waste anytime. Adrenaline and anger were running through my body, and I didn't even think about what could have happened before calling out: "Fear!"

Nothing happened for a couple of second, but as I was about to try again, a blood-chilling voice came from behind me:

"Watch you tone scumbag." He was leaning against the closet, his ankles crossed one over the other while looking at his nails. If I didn't know better I would have thought he was bored, but I could see right through him. The almost invisible smug smile playing on his lips, was more than clear to me.

"What did you do?" I scowled. At my tone he immediately looked up, all the smugness completely gone from his face.

"I won't say it again. Watch your fucking tone, you fucking bitch." He growled, grabbing me from the front of my hoodie and pulling me up towards him.

I swallowed all of the dread that invaded my body and stared at him right in the eyes.

"I said: What. Did. You. Do?" He looked at me, the scowl on his face deepening, but I saw a flash of amusement in his eyes.  He threw me to the ground making me roll twice on myself before hitting the wall behind us, slightly groaning in pain.

"You see, if you trigger one of someone's biggest fears I can take control of them, but only for the time it takes them to recompose themselves." He chuckled darkly, walking towards him with his silent walk. He reminded me so much of a shadow.

"I knew that with that worthless excuse of a Prince I would have had to act fast or it would have been too late, but trust me: if only I had more time, I would have made him take out his sword and torture you to death. Sure, you wouldn't have been here now but I certainly would have been out there, having fun with your oh so beloved 'friends'." He said laughing maniacally at the end. 

My hands turned in two fist that were so tight, my knuckles became white. The only thought of one of them running around the mind 'having fun' with the other made me shudder in fear and tremble with anger. But I knew I couldn't do anything, as long as none of them broke the Deal, which he didn't. He hurt me, not him.

And then it hit me. I needed to trigger Roman's worst fear  for Fear to take control of him. 

Apparently he wasn't as confident as he let out to be.

Ta-Daa! See? I told you there was an explanation for Princey's actions! He would never do something like that! (Or would he?... Of course not! I was joking *nervously laugh*). 

(No, but really I was joking, don't worry.)

I hope you liked the chapter! As always, if you find any mistakes/typos, feel free to point them out in the comments so that I can edit the chapter!

Oh, also NEWS ALLERT! I may be planning on posting the prologue to Prince's book soon. Maybe. I still have to think about it. But let's be honest, I will probably post it anyway hahaha!

That's all, have a nice one everyone! <3

Bye, Ali :3