25

Trigger warning: fighting and kind of strong language :P

"When there's nothing left inside, there's still a reason to fight.

I'll be your reason to fight

Give you a reason to fight."

_(._.)_

After Roman fell asleep I stayed put for a while running my hand through his hair and taking away all the bad feelings that came from the nightmares. When I was sure he could sleep for a while I got up and, after leaving with a little bit of hesitance a kiss on his forehead , I made my way towards the Common Room. I didn't feel like being alone with my thoughts.

Once I got there, I sat on my favorite armchair, next to the couch where Logan and Patton were watching a movie all cuddled up together, and started to look at the tv without actually seeing it.

How is it possible that none of us noticed all of his smiles and comebacks were just a façade? How have we never heard him going to the kitchen every night at 3 am for a glass of water to calm himself down every night for god knows how long? How haven't we noticed how insecure he was when it was so obvious?

"Anxiety? Is everything okay kiddo?" Dad asked interrupting my train of thoughts.

I nodded humming and putting my head in my hands.

"I'm just worried for Roman." I said, still slightly lost in thought.

"How come?" Patton asked sitting up as Logan paused the movie.

I pondered for a second how to explain what happened without actually saying what he confessed to me just a few hours before. I took a deep breath, deciding to remain vague.

"Don't you think we're being a little too hard on him with all the critics? I mean, yesterday we talked and made up and all, but he looked so... upset and..." I stopped for a second, holding my breath and all my worries. A heavy sigh escaped my lips as I run my hands on my face, trying to rub away all of the worry and exhaustion.

"God, I don't know. I just hope he didn't do anything stupid."

"Whatever Roman is doing right now is probably stupid." Logan's voice made my head snap up, alarmed. Images of what someone in Pricey's state of mind could do running wild in my head, making my skin go a little whiter and my eyes go wide.

"W-What do you mean?" I asked, too concerned to even care about my stutter.

"I mean, come on, we are talking about Roman, do you really expect anything more than idiotic coming from him?" He said snickering, making Patton chuckle along within, even if a little uncomfortably.

I felt my worried expression morph into a scowl and my body get up from the chair, as my hands curled into fists. I could feel anger bubbling up inside me, my whole body heating up like it was set on fire, my eyes darkening, Roman's hurt expression and tear stained flashing in my brain.

"Don't you dare talk about Princey like that again." When I spoke my voice was deep and threatening, my standing person towering over Logan's sitting one.

"Yeah, maybe he is not book-smart like you are, but that's not the only intelligence there is in the world. And guess what' He. Is not. Stupid." I poked Logan in the chest with my finger with every word I said, his eyes as wide as saucers.

"Say that again and I swear I'll make you lose a few brain cells myself, got it?" I said, my voice lowering even more, my eyes narrowing dangerously, causing Logan to nod frantically.