30

A month went by, and Roman became more protective than ever, making me stay in his or Patton's room, checking on me almost every hour and always insisting on helping me with wounds and bruises.

I liked how much he cared about me, but it was becoming an obsession; I couldn't stay alone for more than ten minutes without using the excuse of having to go to the bathroom, and as much as I liked him worrying and caring about me, it was draining.

I was laying on Roman's bed with Cenere curled up beside me, scrolling though Tumblr  with my phone's brightness almost on minimum, already blinded by Prince's room's bright colors.

Dad had just left to go spend some time with his boyfriend watching a movie, when Roman opened the door, slightly peaking in, smiling.

"Everything's okay?" He asked, making me roll my eyes and sigh; I nodded without looking at him.

"You sure?" He stepped into the room, stopping a few feet from me when I let my phone drop on the bed exasperated.

"Yes Roman! I'm okay, just like I was okay thirty minutes ago, and the half hour before that!" I said, annoyance seeping through my tone despite my weak attempt at concealing it.

He dropped his eyes, slightly shifting from one foot to another, before murmuring a little 'sorry', instantly making me feel guilty.

I sighed, closing my eyes, trying to calm down.

"No you... you don't have to apologize, I shouldn't have snapped at you; it's just..." I stopped, not knowing how to phrase it, and let my head fall backwards, groaning a little when it hit the head board a little too hard, making Cenere jump and look at me irritated.

After a few seconds I opened my eyes and, without moving, I looked towards my boyfriend; my chest ached when I saw he hadn't moved from the he had stopped in when he entered, his eyes still fixed on the ground.

I sighed and slowly got up, walking towards him. I cupped his cheeks, gently lifting his face towards me.

"I like you worrying about and taking care of me, but you're a little over doing it. I'm okay, you don't have to check on me so often, okay?" I said softly, trying to meet his eyes that kept running away from mine.

He nodded, but I could tell that there was still something bothering him.

"Roman," I started again gently, "whether you like it or not I've been going through this for 8 years, alone. And as much as I hate saying this, I am used to the beatings. Don't get me wrong, if you told me you could stop everything safely, I would let you do it in a heartbeat. But there's nothing you can do."

I felt him tremble under my fingers as I saw his eyes welling up with tears that soon started running down his cheeks. My eyes widened a little in surprise, not expecting him to start crying, before I got into action and hugged him.

"Hey, what happened? What's wrong Love?" I asked trying to fight back the blush that came every time I called him that.

He sniffles a little, his head on my shoulder, his arms tightening a bit more around me before answering.

"I just feel bad. I wish I could help more, instead of being just as useless and impotent as I am." He murmured.

Although his words didn't shock me, it still surprised me how he had yet to realize how much he was helping me just by being there.

I gently pulled away, bringing his face towards mine and kissing him softly.

"I've yet to understand how you can be this clueless." I said smiling. "Do You know why they increased the beatings?"

I felt his hands close into fists on my hoodie and his lips tightening in a line as he shook his head.

I went on my tiptoes and placed a small kiss on his lips, feeling him immediately relax in my arms and melt into the kiss. I moved back a little, our lips inches apart.

"Because since I've got with you I've never been happier and stronger and they hate it. Roman, you're not only my boyfriend, you're also my happiness and strength, you help me get through every single one of their beatings, and believe me or not, just the thought of you helps me more than anything." I whispered smiling and doing a little victory dance in my head when I saw his lips curve into a small, shy smile too. He kissed me again gently before drying one last tear that managed to escape.

He parted his lips, about to answer, but before he could even utter a word, the door to his room was thrown open, and Logan and Patton rushed in, making us jump, their breath coming out in short puffs.

Roman and I stared at them both with wide eyes, wondering what the hell was so important that they had to almost throw down the door to tell us.

After regaining their breath, the logical side shoot a look towards Dad, earning a slight nod.

He took a deep breath, adjusting his tie and his glasses, before straightening his shoulders and looking at us more serious than ever.

"We found a way to break the deal."

HELLO YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE! I HAVE MADE A DECISION! Since the story is getting close to the end I have decided to leave the Q&As for the end of the book to not leave you guys with cliff hanger such as this one! Let me know if for you is okay!

Anyway, hope you like the chapter, what do you think is the way to break the deal?

As always feel free to point out any mistake/typo you may find!

Bye!
Ali c: