Page 3 - The Groceries

We stand in front of the big glass doors that slowly roll open. I watch the reflection of the glass to see if anything comes up behind us.

I notice that Jackson grows uneasy , whipping his head around several times to watch for things.

As soon as the gap between the doors was big enough , we pushed Juniper into the shop first before Jackson helped squeeze me through and then Jackson himself.

We looked around the cold and lifeless shop.

"Jackson , you go and raid the canned foods shelf." I tell him. He simply nod his head and trudges away.

"Juniper." I say , softening my tone. "You can get whatever junk food you want. As long as it's still ok to eat."

She nods her head.

"Don't get to much." I warn. "And if you see anything be very quiet and run to find either Jackson or myself , ok ?"

Juniper smiles softly as she grips her bag tighter "Ok."

I nod my head before she turns and runs away.

I watch her until she's out of sight. I then run to the "beauty" aisle , where tonnes of medical supplies could be found. And I took anything and everything the could be of use.

Anything from packets of panadol and nurofen, cough syrups and nasal sprays , bandages and patches , needles and thread.

Opening my back , I threw piles of medical supplies into my bag. I zipped it up and swung it back on my shoulder.

I left the aisle and stopped near check outs , in front of a desk.

I looked around me , hoping neither Juniper or Jackson would see me before jumping over the desk.

Behind the desk are large , metal doors with a white sign that reads "18 +"

I open the doors , which I had broken into several months before , and inside I found rows upon grows of different kinds of cigarettes.

Smiling slightly , I steal 5 packets of cigarettes and sling my back to the floor , awkwardly ripping the back open with one hand and dumping the packets inside.

I go to look under the desk , and find 3 lighters , taking all , and , to my luck , found a small bottle of vodka , a bottle of scotch and a 4 packs of beers.

I take the alcohol and put it in my back , before jumping the desk once more and running to find Jackson.

"Jackson." I yell , running to the freezers.

"Rory ?" I hear Jackson say , and I begin to follow his voice.

"I'm here." He keeps saying , as I navigate my way through rows of metal shelves.

I find Jackson holding a plastic bag with little amount of tins within.

Jackson seems worried as he says "there's not enough canned food here anymore , we need to go somewhere else."

I nod my head , thinking of where else we could possibly go.

As I think , I find Juniper walking behind Jackson and tugging on his jacket and just shaking her head.

I raise my eyebrow.

"We need to go." Jackson orders abruptly.

He clasped Juniper's hand and snatches mine.

"What's going on ?" I question.

"We need to find more food." He tells me.

"Where will we go ?" I ask.