Page 8 - My own secret.

We - very quietly - pulled up to my house , silently turned the car off and attempted to sneak back into the house. But we were unsuccessful.

I winced as I tried to walk up the stairs , Parker holding my hand as he stood in front of me.

"Are you trying to ruin my carpet ?' My dad asked from behind me , startling both Parker and I.

I whip around to face him. "What do you mean ?" I say stupidly.

"You're bleeding and you've been out." He tells me.

I look back at my calf and wince. "Shit." I mutter as I twist my leg to get a better look.

"Have you been gone all night ?" My dad asks , ignoring my bad language which he would of normal called me out for.

"Not too long." Parker reassures my dad , smiling nicely.

"Shut it Parker , you're not in any less trouble than she is." He informs Parker , who shuts up instantly.

"About 2 hours." I tell truthfully. "Not too long."

My dad's nose flares as he stares at us with his jaw clenched tightly. He grunts in return before mumbling "clean up your leg." And walking away.

***

Parker and I were now under house arrest for the next week , so what better way to waste our time then listening to loud music.

We danced around my bedroom , to KISS , our favourite band.

"Well ya gonna lose your mind in Detroit -" Parker yelled.

"Rock City !" We sung in unison as we danced ridiculously to the guitar.

As I jumped around my room and wobbled my head and swung my hips dramatically , I noticed Parker wasn't doing the same as I was. Actually , he was doing the exact opposite.

He was standing in the centre of my room , staring at me as he giggled and smiled.

As we made eye contact , I slowly began to stop dancing and stare back.

"What ?" I laughed as he smiled widely.

There wasn't an answer to my question. He just shook his head and chuckled.

I brush a hand through my hair and ask again , "what ?"

"I just like being with you Aurora." He answered truthfully.

I raised my eyebrow "Aurora ?"

"Well that is your name , isn't it ?" He asked , moving closer to me.

"You only know a Rory." I tell him , indicating how I had felt for him.

"I've only known you for just over a month , but I feel like i've known you my whole life." Parker admits.

I smiled , still feeling slightly confused.

"You know , I think often about where you've been all my life." He says.

"Parker." I whisper as I move closer to him , now being pressed against him in the middle of my room , his breath smells of mint and his shirt smells of cologne ,mine which I had grown to adore.

"And I wish that I had known you earlier and --"

"Parker." I say , grabbing his face.

"Do you want to kiss me ?" I ask.

The sound of the guitar had drowned out and the voices of kiss has been muffled by the sound of my heavily beating heart. I had been embarrassing waiting for this moment for weeks.

Parker stares at me in - what I think - is shock. He takes a small but noticed gulp before lightly modding his head once and asks "do you want me to ?"

I smile and admit "all the time."

I rose to my tippy toes as Parker lowers his head and we crash into each other (literally).

And while I kiss Parker , I feel my heart explode and my insides turn to butterflies and I feel like I'm glowing happily. For the first time in awhile I feel alive , and I wanted nothing more but to make Parker feel alive too.

When we finally leave each other's lips , I grin widely. I felt my face go hot as Parker almost smirked triumphantly.

Parker is almost embarrassed over his happiness. He runs his tongue over his pearly whites as he smiles stupidly. My hand can't seem to let go of his arm and out of instinct I pull Parker in for a hug.

I smushed my cheek against his chest and I know he's slightly tensed at first but I feel his muscles relaxed as he wraps his arms around me and gently places his chin atop of my head.

In a world that is so cold , I suddenly feel warm , and the feeling hit so suddenly but it had been there for awhile. The moment I met Parker I had a strange attraction to him , and I couldn't tell you why.

This feeling towards Parker was building inside my heart but had finally toppled over and apparently he had felt the same.

"Thanks for making me feel alive." I whisper into his chest m so quietly that he can't even hear me. A statement best kept for myself. For me to know and for him to find out.

It was my very own secret.