Page 6 - Servo runs.

We sit in my car , Parker driving.

"What should we get ?" I say , getting excited.

Parker laughs. "Anything you want. He shrugs.

"You sure ?" I ask , surprised.

He nods "I'll eat anything you get. I normally do."

I smile widely because I know he's right , this kid will eat anything you gave him. A human vacuum.

"I like you Parker Michelle." I sigh as I stare out the window.

Parker doesn't respond. I don't expect him to. I didn't really know if I wanted him to. I just wanted him to know. To be aware.

***

We reached the service station and Parker stopped the car.

I swung the door open and jumped out.

I kicked the glass doors several times , causing it to smash but surprisingly the alarms didn't go off.

I slipped my hand through the large hole and to my liking , the key was still stuck inside the handles.

I turned the key and pulled it out , immediately removing my hand as the doors began to retract.

A small scratch was on my wrist , yet it still bled badly.

I winced at the sight of dark red blood trickling down my wrist.

I suddenly felt a tug on the wrist and I gasped in pain.

I turn my head to find Parker examining it carefully.

"Careful Parker." I tell him and he instantly loosens the grip he had on my wrist.

"You need a bandage." He informs , gently lowering my wrist and bring it to my own eyes.

"No shit." I say , picking a fragment of glass from it.

"C'mon smart ass." He tilts his head to the open doors.

I drop my wrist and nod , following him into the service station.

He find a packet of alcohol wipes and I feel my heart rise to my throat and my stomach drops.

He rips the packet open and pulls a swap out.

"This is gonna sting." He says.

I bite my lip and tightly shut my eyes as he presses the swap against my cut skin.

I feel heat being to rise in my wrist and the burning sensation takes over my arm.

I bite my lip so hard that the sour metallic taste of blood poisons my tongue and floods my mouth.

He wipes the dribbled blood away and runs to another aisle , returning with a packet of one roll of bandage and two clips.

He rips the contents from the bag and snatches my hand , wrapping my hand in a bandage.

"Better ?" He asked and I simply nodded my head , for I had no other way to respond.

"It's fine." I say , brushing pieces of hair out of my face.

I look around the shop and race towards the closest bag of chips.

"Catch !" I shout as I launch a packet of sea salt chips at Parker.

As if he was n NFL player , he ran backwards , watching the packet before jumping and caught it.

"And the crowd goes wild !" She shouts. "Parker , Parker !" He cheers , running around.

We continued to throw packets of food around , laughing and joking either each other. Although my hand ached and seared , I didn't make it obvious. I didn't want Parker to baby me again.

"Want a drink ?" Parker asked , popping a mentos into a Coke bottle and quickly screwed the cap back on.

"Parker , don't." I tell him sternly.

He begins to shake the bottle me edges closer to me.

"Parker Elliot Michelle , I swear to god." I say , running away.

He chasers after me and opens the bottle , showering me in the sugary drink. I begin to shake my head and flick the liquid from the end of my fingers.

"You're such an asshole." I tell him , squinting my eyes evilly at him.

As he buckles over in a fit of laughter , I reach for a packet of Allen's lollies , ripping open the packet , I begin to pelt strawberries & creams and little blue cars at him.

"Ouch." He howls as one hits his shoulder.

"Don't you dare run." I yell , still hurling the lollies at him. And as I say so , he does so.

I chase after him , finding him hiding behind a shelf full of energy drink.

I throw lollies at him as he reaches for a fan and pulls a small dagger from his pocket , poking a hole in the can and spraying me with more drink.

I turn around so it doesn't spray me in the eyes.

"I don't even drink Mother." I complain.

"What a shame." He says as the can empties and he throws it over my head.

Parker get up off the floor and I slowly turn to watch him jump over and opens the cash register.

"How did you ..." I begin.

Parker stares at the moment and says "there's so much money here !"

I furrow my brows and make my way to the counter , leaning on it.

"What're we going to do with money ?" I ask him and he simply shrugs. I push myself and onto the counter and close the register in front of him and he doesn't stop me.

"Don't take it." I tell him. "We didn't earn it."

Parker rolls his tongue over his bottom lip , seemingly annoyed.

"Besides , what is there to buy ?" I add. He doesn't answer , because there is no answer. You didn't have to pay for anything when your life was the price.

He turns around and forcefully pulls open and steel cupboard , again containing boxes of cigarettes.

"Blues ?" He asks and I make a gagging sound.

"Blues are gross." I inform him.

He nods. "Fair enough."

As he leans into grab a cigarette packet a very loud siren within the shop goes off.

It was the delayed reaction to the register being open.

We look around the shop.

"Where's the stop button ?" Parker asks. I didn't even know they had a 'stop button'. I'm still not sure.

I look out the door and notice nearby creatures heads turn slowly towards the wailing alarm.

"We need to turn it off Parker." I whisper. "Now !" I shout with desperation laced into my tone.

I wasn't going to die in a bloody servo.

Creatures come towards the shop and I begin to panic.

The door has been smashed open , the alarm cries , luring creatures in and we're in the middle of the store , the only weapon to save us is a small dagger.

Dammit.