XVIII

Tavi

My mom looked at me as Shayne walked into the hospital room.

“Can I talk to you?” He asked standing by the door.

“I can stay if you want me to” My mom whispered.

I laughed. “It’s fine mom”

She nodded and left the room leaving me and Shayne alone.

“You can sit” I told him. “You standing there is making me a little nervous”

It’s ironic how a couple months ago the position was flipped and he was the one in the hospital and I was the visitor.

He sat in the seat my mom just got up from. “Before I say anything I just wanna say that I’m happy you’re okay”

I smiled. “Thank you… Now why did you really come here?”

I didn’t think I’d hear from Shayne ever again after he denied my child.

I can’t lie and say that I’m not happy that he’s here, but I don’t want to show him that I actually need him.

“I apologize for any stress that I have caused you” He sighed. “But I just don’t understand…”

“What is so hard for you to understand?” I asked. “I’m pregnant! By you”

“And how do I know that for sure?”

“What do you mean; you were the only person I was fucking with” I shook my head.

“That’s not what Julian told me” He replied.

“Yeah, well Julian talks a lot of shit” I rolled my eyes.

I wish we could have had this conversation the first time because it would have saved us a lot of trouble.

“I don’t know Tavi, maybe I’m a little in denial” He suggested.

“A little?” I asked sarcastically. “Shayne I don’t need you, I can do this by myself. So if you came here to just deny this all over again you can leave”

I layed my head back and closed my eyes waiting to hear the door to the room slam indicating that he left.

But after about thirty second I didn’t hear it.

I opened my eyes to see that he was still sitting in the chair.

I looked over at him and raised my eyebrows. “Why are you still here?”