XXXII

Shayne

I grabbed my phone from off my bed when I got out the shower to see that I had three missed call from Tavi.

I pushed call and waited for her to answer.

“Finally” She huffed into the phone.

I smacked my lips. “Whatchu want?”

“I need you to watch Addison while I’m at school” She said. “I’m outside your house, so come open the door”

I hung up the phone and made my way down the steps with nothing but sweatpants on.

Tavi and I haven’t talked since I left her house on Saturday when Addison came home.

And I haven’t seen Addison since.

I was giving her time to cool off and now it looks like she needs me so she can go to school.

I opened the door and Tavi quickly walked into the house holding Addison’s car seat.

“Please tell me you got a half day at school or something” I asked closing the door as we stood in the foyer.

She shook her head. “No, why?”

I sighed. “Because I have some important shit that I need to do”

I wish Tavi would take other people’s lives into consideration when she does shit.

I would be fine with this whole thing if she would have called ahead of time.

“More important than your daughter?” She raised her eyebrow.

I ran my hands down my face taking a deep breath trying to avoid an argument.

“I’ll watch her” I finally said. “When will you be back?”

“Well I have to work too, so around ten tonight” She smiled walking towards the door.

“Are you fucking kidding me” I mumbled.

I was okay with watching her while she went to school because she gets out at two o’clock.

But now she’s talking about the whole damn day.

“Is there a problem?” She asked opening the door.

I shook my head. “Naw, have a good day”

I closed the door when she left and took Addison’s car seat into the family room.