XXII

Tavi

I sat in the middle of Shayne’s bed with my knees pulled up to my chest and my chin resting on my knees.

I was listening to the rain hit the windows as I watched some movie on Lifetime that I wasn’t really interested in.

My phone started vibrating and I saw that Rasia was calling me. I clicked ignore and went back to watching TV.

It’s only been a day since I’ve left my mom’s house and of course everyone has been calling me nonstop, but I’m just not up for talking.

The only person I talked to was Shayne and I hardly talked to him because he hasn’t been here all day.

I walked around his place with my head held low and I guess it made him uncomfortable which is probably why he’s been gone all day.  

I heard the front door to the condo slam indicating that Shayne was back.

He got up this morning at 10 o’clock and I haven’t heard from him since.

I looked down at my phone and saw that it was 12 on the dot.

Shayne opened the door to his bedroom and walked in. “Wassup?”

I didn’t say a word I just looked at him and then down at the Givenchy and Christian Louboutin shopping bags he had in his hands.

He walked over towards the bed and sat down.

“What?” He asked as I kept looking at him.

“Why did you leave me here all by myself?” I asked.

The rain made me scared and paranoid and I wasn’t used to his place.

He chuckled. “Damn I gotta be a host now?”

“No, it just would be nice to wake up with someone here” I replied.

He nodded. “Understandable”

We looked at each other for a few seconds and I studied his features.

His light brown complexion had a certain glow to it. His shoulder length dreads sat in a neat ponytail showing his tattoo that sat right above his eyebrow. His short sleeve true religion shirt showed both sleeve tattoos as the light in the room made them stand out.

He smiled at me showing his bottom row of gold teeth and I felt my rose get moist between my legs by the look he was giving me. 

“Whenever you decide to stop looking at me, you can open these” He put the shopping bags on the bed and grabbed the remote from me.