CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

aurora
where there is more babies

( p.s. i had listened to the song surprise yourself — jack garratt on repeat when writing this and got me all emotional and i think it fits it so well for this chapter. so i really suggest listening to it when reading lovelies! )

i believe the feeling was similar to these action of slow motion. like i had this time to look at the way my son had still consisted of a smile and the shades of hazel in which had now twinkles within the irises. the lights and reflections of everything around him beginning to refract off the boy's eyes. grayson's curly brown hair sticking in every direction as he holds onto the arm of a stuffed bear. and it had began to hit as i had been notified the news in which i would have another.

"oh my god. i'm pregnant. i mean, what am i going to tell elias? are we even ready for another baby? cora i can't- wait wait, what if?" i begin with the realization of my hands on my abdomen when i notice the possibility of what i wanted. "what if this one could be a girl?" i get out softly as cora now holds a faint grin when suddenly pulling me into an embrace. our laughs beginning to form.

and once we pull apart, i don't realize the tears that well up in our eyes as we gaze with the hope of this factor in our minds. "congrats, bitch. you're knocked up once again." she jokes as i chuckle when wiping under my eyes and going for the little boy who gapes at me now.

"momma, why are you so happy?" he whispers as i grin when pulling him into a hug. his giggles sprouting as i go to run fingers through strands of his hair.

"because momma is going to have another one like you. like a baby." i state before kissing the top of his head and pulling apart to see his reaction. his eyebrows are furrowed and because of that i let him take it in before he points to my tummy.

"a baby?" he asks as i nod along when he places a tiny hand over the stomach. my smile still present as he stares with awe.

                                      _

i was trying to figure out a way in order to break the news. to, perhaps, even look up quirky ideas on how to surprise my husband but it seemed as if i was too flustered with the secret that i had no other way but to just let it out. "you know sometimes i just feel like disney movies are better to watch when you're older because grayson doesn't even appreciate how fucking great the little mermaid-"

"i'm pregnant." i blurt out when keeping my eyes on the television screen of the red headed princess who sung under water. my stare not daring to move to him until his fingers do that themselves. they push me softly to look at the man who smiles faintly.

"did you really just say that or i am just hearing things?" he whispers as i grin now when i shake my head slowly.

"elias i'm having another baby." i inform before suddenly the calm has disappeared and he's jumping up as he pulls me along with him. his hands wrapping around my waist as he begins to shout.

"i'm the luckiest man on this planet. yes, yes, yes!" he hollers when placing kisses across my face when i laugh from the reaction that was similar to when we had our first son together. "oh my god, this is amazing." he says with a genuine grin as i nod when he pulls me in.

"does cora know?"

"she was the one who drove me to get the tests when i took thin mints from her pantry." i add as elias chuckles when swaying side to me with me. he hums happily as he takes a soft breath of air.

"anyone else know?" he questions once more as i begin to shake my head within his chest.

"nope." i state when popping the p of the term before being faced with him once more.