EPILOGUE

grayson castillo
( son of aurora )
where it is the end

my mother had always told me once i would fall in love to make sure to embellish in the emotions of it all. to hold tight and let the actions of the pure admiration consume your body. to feel like you were floating on air every time you had gazed upon their face. that most importantly i would love hard, to never let go unless needed to when i found them.

my mom told me in secrecy that was one of her biggest mistakes she wish she could take back, that someone could of have told her that when she was eighteen. and i never knew what she meant by it nor did i ask but that was because i was too busy listening to her instructions. because the girl i had fallen in love with was merely just anyone.

every little thing my mother had told me was within the bloodstream of her and for that reason i knew i couldn't take it for vantage. "so you want me to meet your parents?" she questions as i nod, my fingertips grazing through the strands of her dark brown hair. her eyes staring right at mine, her lips hold a faint smile that was always evident. "you know that normally happens after like a month of dating." she teases as i sigh when rolling my eyes in the process.

"maybe we are little bit late."

"try two years late, g." she informs with her hand now running up down my chest, her fingertips roaming so softly as it leaves me in a small trance.

"well it doesn't help i live across the country from my parents. i mean what's your excuse, they live five hours away." i taunt as she takes a soft breath of air. she shifts a little to get closer to my face as she lets her palm cup one side of my cheek.

"i don't have one, i just like keeping you a secret." she whispers kissing my lips in the process. it lets my eyes shut as i feel the cliche electricity begin to ignite my skin. "all to myself." she concludes when pecking me quickly as i groan now.

"well i think the secret has to be revealed. our parents all meeting soon, in new jersey. i mean you said your dad was from there anyways. plus it's summertime there and it'll be nice and we can all be a big happy family." i coo as she nods now, there seeming to be something more in her eyes. but i don't question that at the moment when she speaks up.

"i'm scared, gray." she tells me as i frown now when holding her all too close.

"why, rose? you're an amazing girl and if i love you, my parents are going to definitely love you." i explain as she nods along again. our heads placed on a pillow when we stare at one another. her hand is drawn to my hair as she runs fingers through it.

"well i hope so. but i guess i should just give a head's up before you meet him but it's about my dad." she begins as i sigh now. my hands go over my eyes as i shake my head.

"is he scary because if i have to deal with murder threats, i will but i just need to prepare-"

"no it's just he might have the same name as you."

                                      +

family was important was important to me and i believed that was made clear when rose had made her way out the airport with the features of pure trepidation. which was why she clutched onto my hand so tightly and let my thumb run across the back of her palm. the action always soothing her but this time it had seemed to not do so well. "it's going to be fine, they're going to love you."

"yeah well i'm freaking out." she whisper yells as i chuckle now before i had finally spotted them with a big sign of my name written across it and their shouts. it lets me grin even larger at the image as they all begin to run near us with the same faces of pure contentment.