Chapter 20

A/N: A little life update... I just started on my final year of college, and on my final placement and project. So yeah I've been quite busy, and I may not be able to update three chapters a week like what I'm doing now. If there's any changes, I will definitely post an update on my Wattpad and Instagram page, so do follow me for updates :)

~

To my little flower

Now you will be known as Mrs Federov. You will be the wife of the young Leonidas Federov, and daughter-in-law to Stanislav Federov. Stanislav Federov is the most respected man whom I have ever had the good fortune to meet. Unfortunately, several differences between us have caused business to affect our friendship.

You may be angry at your grandfather for pushing this onto your tiny shoulders. But I hope that through this, you may be able to build your own happiness, just like how your grandmother and I did.

Your grandmother, whom I will be meeting soon, also suffered under the hands of an arranged marriage. We didn't get along well at first. We argued frequently about the smallest of things. They were so bad that sometimes we did not speak for days. But like a flower, love slowly blossomed. The quarrels became lesser and we stopped chasing each other around the house with knives.

We started to see each other differently.

You may think it's funny for an old man to write about these things, but all I can tell you is that I experienced such a great love first hand that I would like to wish the same on you as well.

I'm sorry that you and Osuke-kun had to part because of this marriage. I could see that the two of you liked each other a lot. Osuke-kun is a good boy too.

I hope that you will forgive me. But what I want to tell you is that it takes time. I hope that through this marriage, you will find comfort and love, and work together with Leonidas to bring our family back to its former glory.

You remind me so much of your grandmother. Small, but a force to be reckoned with. I want you to know that you should never lose hope on love.

Another thing I would like to leave with you are my throwing knives. I never knew such a little flower who could throw knives so accurately and so swiftly. I am so glad that I had the opportunity to train you and I really enjoyed those secret lessons that we had when your parents first disagreed to your training.

Keep training.

Ojii-san

~

Tears flowed uncontrollably and she hurriedly put the letter away in case she should spoil it. In her heart, she had already forgiven ojii-san. He didn't have to ask. But she didn't know it had been weighing on him, and she wished she could have said the words to him when she had the chance.

Now it was too late.

I forgive you, she said over and over again in her head. I'll be okay.

The mattress dipped beside her. She felt him by her side and they sat in silence with his arm around her shoulders. Hana leant her head on his shoulder with her eyes screwed shut, trying to hold back her ugly sobbing but when he began patting a comforting rhythm on her head, wailing escaped her lips.

She didn't know how long they sat there for, him holding her, and her creating a wet patch on his shirt with her tears. When she was drained of her tears, she drew away from him, sniffling noisily.

'When I die,' she mumbled, 'I'd like to be buried in my blue kimono.'

'What are you talking about?!' he exclaimed in alarm.