Chapter 34

Maybe the best way to soothe her aching heart wasn't to go shopping with friends, followed by dinner, and then clubbing. But it was Arisu's birthday, Hana had dressed up, and she intended to spend as much time as possible with her friends.

She had on a simple black dress that showed off her thighs with a flare skirt and a generous v-cut down the back. Her favourite part of the dress was the single ribbon that crossed her back.

She intended to turn some heads tonight. How would Leon like that, hmm? She'd turn those heads, string them along, and show him she didn't need him!

No, she was getting ahead of herself. She felt herself deflate despite the smile she had forced onto her face. She didn't want to be a downer on her friend's birthday.

But her husband wouldn't stop calling. Her phone vibrated incessantly in her purse, a harsh flash of white in the dim lighting of the entrance as they passed through.

With a frustrated groan, she picked up her phone and strode th

'Hana, where are you? Are you alright?'

'I'm going to have fun tonight!' she screamed into her device.

'What are you talking about? Where are you?' His voice was a mere whisper in the pounding of the club.

'Not telling! I'm going to have so much fun! So stop bothering me!'

~

Mickey had tracked her to Lujuria.

What the hell she was doing there was beyond him. Leon didn't have plans to attend the club opening, but her location worried him, and soon he found himself getting out of the car outside the club.

She wouldn't like to see him there, he thought. They hadn't spoken much ever since the whole fiasco about Marie. But they had to speak soon anyway. He couldn't bear the way with which they avoided each other; a cold war in their small house.

He lit a cigarette as Mickey led the way through the queue, waving the invitation card in one hand.

He was instantly escorted by two bulky guards to a discreet corner. Despite the invitation card that he held with the words 'You are cordially invited to the opening of Lujuria' he was searched from head to toe for any concealed weapons.

Leon let them prod him and turn his jacket inside out, though he wore a smirk

'Found anything yet?' he asked with a drawl.

The guard stared him up and down.

'Not yet,' he replied with a sneer.

Mickey pounced on him, grabbing the man's collar with his fist, holding him up so that he tottered on his toes.

'You do not insult my boss,' he snarled.

Leon blew out a puff of smoke and sighed, gazing at the scene before him with disdain.

'We don't have time to bother ourselves with dirt,' he muttered, keeping his hard gaze straight.

Mickey let go forcefully, and the man stumbled back with fire in his eyes. They strode off without a backward glance.

Lujuria was large with a circular dance floor filled with partygoers gyrating to the music. Low tables and plush couches surrounded the floor, filled with a laughing, flirting and drinking crowd. The DJ's booth was set in the center of the dance floor with Lujuria in cursive gold script across it.

Juan's servers, buxom girls in black lycra that showed off their thighs, went around with trays of drinks and snacks, mingling with the guests. Some even provided a different entertainment, as he observed patrons being discreetly led behind a wall.