Chapter ten

The cool breeze felt great against Dayna as she sat outside the small coffee shop. She agreed to go for one coffee with Winter, since she figured if she goes for one she'll stop her bothering her.

"Here you go," winter smiles putting the mug in front of Dayna and hers on the opposite side.

"Thanks," Dayna mumbles not looking up. "Why'd you want to come for coffee so bad?"

"I don't know," she shrugs taking a small sip of her still very hot coffee. "You just looked liked you needed a friend."

"Oh so you think bringing me for one coffee makes us friends," Dayna snorts, shifting slightly in her seat.

They stared at each other for a few seconds until a loud beep from a car makes Dayna break the eye contact and lean back her chair, taking a sip of her very sweet coffee.

"What's your problem with me?" Winter tilts her head a bit looking Dayna straight in the eye. "What have I done for you to hate me so much?"

Daynas hand grips the mug so hand it's inches from breaking. "You're joking right?" She laughs. "You're completely insane." She places the coffee on the table and and clears her throat. "You dress up as clowns and chase me around a fucking supermarket. Make me crash a car and break my arm!"

"Ha-"

"You also come into my house and terrorise me, RUINING MY RELATION with my BOYFRIEND," she shouts not caring about the stares she getting from other people. "Winter. I killed a man. I fucking took the life of an innocent man, who I probably should of let arrest all of you," she lowers her voice, leaning in closer.

A single rain drop falls on Dayna's hand. "Look. I'm done talking about it, alright." She stands up not bothering to finish her coffee.

"So I'm guessing there no chance we're doing this again?" Winter asks as Dayna begins to walk away.

"Never."

•••

Kai sits in the basement surrounded by his loyal men,
And woman.

Not much has happened since they were all almost arrested. They've mostly just laid low and ate pizza. Which is soon going to chance to healthy foods on Kai's orders.

The door opens upstairs and Kai jumps up in his chair excitedly, resembling a child on Christmas when opening their presents.

His eyes light up at the sight of Dayna. He gets an odd feeling in his stomach whenever she's around.

But don't mistake these feelings as love. God no. Kai cannot love. He finds Dayna attractive, yes. And he would obviously fuck her without a second though, given the chance. But he could never love her, or anyone for that matter.

"Dayna, welcome back," Kai smiles opening his arms wide. "You've been gone way too long my love."

Since that night, Dayna made the decision to space herself from the group. Surprisingly Kai let her. After all the threats he shot at her first of course.

"Three weeks isn't that long Kai," she sighs. "And I'm guessing I didn't miss much by the looks of it." She eyes all the pizza boxes stacked in the corner of the room.

"The trash guy is coming tomorrow," Kai shrugs, hugging Dayna. "Follow me. There's a lot we need to talk about." He takes her hand and leads her to the infamous round table that gives Dayna the creeps just by looking at it.

"Now tell me. What have you been up to?"

Dayna sighs and leans back in the chair, crossing her arms. "Well as you of course know, my boyfriend Ryan has disappeared. I've been trying to find him."

Kai's stomach dropped as the words leave her mouth, his hands turning to balls. "Why would you want to find someone who put you through so much shit?" His eyes turn to slits, trying not to show any emotion.

"Because I love him," Dayna says simply, as if the word meant nothing.

"There's no such thing. Especially in your relationship."

"You can't lecture me on love when you don't even know the meaning," Dayna retorts, trying her best to stay calm. She takes a deep breath before talking again. "Look Kai, my love life if none of your business alright. So please, stay out it." She nods, picking at her nail which was a habit she unfortunately picked up.

"That's fair," Kai shrugs, wanting to talk sense into her but deciding against it. "But don't let it distract you."

"You know it won't."