Richie // Jade

"Why don't you tell everyone how you really feel about Richie. I don't think I can go much longer with this secret. We've been keeping this off the record for over a year now!" Beverly was giving Jade her 'you better get this over with' look. 

Jade shakes her head realizing that she was right, like always. "Damn it Marsh I hate that your always right." She rolls her eyes at the red headed girl then sits down by the tree in front of the school. 

"Now thinking about it, there is a party at Richie's place tonight. Everyone at school was invited. Maybe this is your time to tell him everything you feel when he's around." 

*3 hours later*

Both Jade and Bev pull into Richie's drive way filled with rowdy teenagers. Some were dancing and getting friendly with each other. Then there were the drunk boys who would hit on any girl that was even a little attractive. This was pretty much a typical party that Richie Tozier would throw. The girls tried to get to the front door but first had to get through a sea of people, "Excuse me." they had to say this over a thousand times just from the car to the front door.

"AH YOU'RE HERE!" Richie yells out. 

He pulls Jade in for a hug and she can smell the beer on him, "Have you been drinking a little much?" she mumbles against his chest.

He presses his lips to her ear and whispers, "Just a little, do you mind if we take a walk?" Jade nods her head and takes his arm to keep him from falling over. 

"What is it that we need to talk about?" Richie shrugs and hands her a red plastic cup full of beer she takes it and chugs the whole thing. He smiles then hand her another this time a shot of fireball, three rounds later both her and Richie were in the backyard speaking in slurs.

"Okay so you're telling me that you have a theory about the Big Bang? I've got to hear this!" Richie and Jade laughed together about their stupid little suspicions on how the dinosaurs went extinct. They hadn't talked like this in weeks, mostly because Jade couldn't stand being near the Losers and not telling them about her secret crush. She didn't want to ruin anything between the losers and Richie so she planned on keeping her trap shut. 

"I would tell you all about it but it wou-" She stopped in mid sentence because the freckled boy was now inches from her face. She looked into his eyes then lowered her gaze towards his lips. All of a sudden he leans in and kisses her slowly but with passion. Her hands were in his hair and his hands were exploring every curve of her body, he slowly went up her shirt but she stopped him, "Richie n-not now." she whispers.

They were both sober enough to know that they might have crossed some boundaries, "Your right, maybe you should go home." he says slowly. 

Jade collects all of her stuff then goes on a hunt to find Beverly. That night she went to bed with all these thoughts of Richie and her together. 

*few days pass* 

Both Richie and Jade act as if nothing had happened the night at his house. She didn't bring it up just because she didn't want to ruin anything. Just to play it safe she only talked to him when the others were around. It was hard not thinking about that night defiantly  when it was the boy of her dreams. Richie grabs onto to her arm with force, "We need to talk now." Jade shakes her head no then tries to get loose of his grip.

"Just let go!" She yells out. 

He holds on tighter and would not let go, "Stop being a bitch and talk to me!" he pulls her closer to his side and walks away from the group. 

"There's nothing to talk about." She says bluntly.

His grip got stronger and it was now hurting her, "Just talk to me God damn it!" he shakes her and bit and it knocks her down to the floor. She took this opportunity to run from him. Tears were streaming down her face and she couldn't control the flow. She stopped by a old tree and sits there with Mascara all over her face. 

She could hear his foot steps and was about to get up but instead stays, "The reason why I wont talk to you is because I like you. Not as a friend but more than that. You make me feel alive when we're together. I just love everything about you, your curls, your chocolate brown eyes, and God those freckles. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings but I can't be near you right now." Jade gets up from off the ground and walks home leaving Richie speechless.

*Next day*

That school day went by very slow she couldn't stop staring at Richie each time he passed her in the halls. When the bell rang she quickly grabbed her text book and ran to her locker but stopped in her tacks when she saw the one and only Richie Tozier waiting by her locker, "What now?" She asks.

He shoves his hands in his front pockets and smiles a little, "About what you said yesterday-"

"Save your breath I know what you're going to say next." 

"I love you Jade." She looks up from the floor and looks right into his eyes, he inches closer to her then plants a kiss on her forehead, "And I want you to be my girlfriend." 

Jade's smile widens and she practically is in Richie's arms "I would love too!" With that she plants a kiss on his lips then holds onto him as if she would never let go. 

@byerstozier