five

Seth ran up to Bella and Jacob, who were talking

Seth ran up to Bella and Jacob, who were talking. "Hey. It's about time you got here. Paul's been hovering the grub. But, I saved you some burgers." Seth grinned from ear to ear as he said that.

"Good looking out, bro. Bella, this is Seth Clearwater, Leah's brother - newest member of the pack," Jacob introduced.

"Newest, bestest, brightest," Seth added.

"And slowest," Jacob also added, grabbing Seth in a headlock.

The two tumbled to the sand. Seth laughed, absolutely loving it.

"Hi, Bella," a wistful voice came from behind Bella.

Bella turned around, a grin forming on her face. "Iris! You're here! How are you here?"

Iris smiled and shuffled on her feet - something she did when she was a shy. "I don't know, myself. But I'm here to find out - supposedly."

"Well, I'm glad you're - "

Iris held up a finger, silencing Bella. Bella was suddenly slightly frightened.

Could it be Victoria? Bella wondered.

Suddenly, Iris sneezed. It was a loud, high-pitched sneeze. Bella chuckled.

From across the reservation, Embry put his hand over his heart. "Holy shit, oh my god. My heart..."

Jared out a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, man, you okay?"

"No," Embry groaned. "Is Iris here?"

Iris's ears perked up. "I'm over here!" she shouted from across the reservation. She decided to walk over to Embry instead of flashing over to him.

"Why the hell...were you so happy?" Embry asked, shaking her shoulder gently. "You're killing me, woman."

Iris frowned. "Why are you mad at me? Shouldn't being happy make you happy? And to answer your question, I really like sneezing."

Paul was smiling brightly from the food station. He was in the middle of getting more food when he heard her sneeze.

Quil was watching Paul curiously from his place next to Jared. "Well, I think your happiness broke Paul."

At the sound of his name, Iris sniffed the air to find him. She turned around to see him frozen by the food station. She smiled to herself, her happiness radiating again.

"Stop. It," Embry huffed out.

"I don't know why it's affecting you so much," Quil said. "I can feel it, but it's not too bad."

"Maybe I have a connection to Iris."

Paul's eyes snapped over to him. Embry raised his hands.

"I'll just...go somewhere else," Embry said as he ran away from Iris.

Paul stalked over to Jared, Quil, and Iris with two plates on food in his hands. "I got you some food," he said to Iris.

"Oh, thank you," she said as she took the plate from him.

The hairs on Paul's neck stood up as her hand brushed against his knuckles. Iris hummed softly as she eat her food.

"There are times where I love having this power. I always get to eat," she said.

A whistle came from the circle - it was Sam.

"Billy's about to start," Paul said. "Let's go."

He wrapped an arm around her shoulders to guide her there. He wasn't even thinking when he did it, but he wouldn't move unless she was uncomfortable. Iris only smiled at him before eyeing the fire pit.

"The Quileutes have been a small tribe from the beginning..."