eight

After Bella left in Iris's car, Iris stalked over to Jacob

"You're inconsiderate!" she shouted. "How could you just touch Bella like that? You know she doesn't love you, Jake. You know that. Why do you have to try to change her mind about who she loves?"

"Because she doesn't love that leech! She loves me!" Jacob yelled. "I know she does!"

Iris shook her head. "I don't care that you're a werewolf - or a shifter, whatever - or that my brother is a vampire! I want Bella to be with who she loves. And that of which, is not you. Can't you understand that? You didn't fucking imprint on Bella!"

Jake was shaking in anger. His brown eyes darkening even more. "You better get out, Iris, or the Cullens will be getting bad news tonight."

Iris took a step back in surprise before regaining her confidence. "No. I refuse to! If you want to wolf out, Jacob, then go ahead, because I will fight you."

That was all it took for Jacob to shift in front of her. His growls didn't take her by surprise anymore, and neither did the jump.

Iris flashed away as he jumped at her. The two eyed each other down in crouched stances. Iris bared her fangs as Jacob bared his large canines.

Suddenly, three wolves showed up from behind the trees. Jacob looked at them, talking to them through his mind link. Jacob knew he wasn't allowed to hurt Iris because of the imprint bond Paul had on her, but she just made him so angry. Jacob growled at her, running to her, as Paul ran to Jacob.

But Paul didn't make it in time, and neither did Iris. Jacob had latched his teeth into Iris's arm. She clenched her teeth together before kicking him off her. Paul tackled Jacob as she kicked him off.

Iris stared at Paul and Jacob before she felt a wet nose touch the top of her head. It was Embry.

"I'm okay," she whispered.

Embry whimpered, feeling her pain. He nodded toward the bite marks.

Iris sighed. "I'm not sure when it'll disappear. My human abilities make it a little wonky. They will disappear eventually though, so don't worry too much."