thirteen

Iris walked over to Paul, ignoring the other wolves's small glares or their sniffs

Iris walked over to Paul, ignoring the other wolves's small glares or their sniffs. She let go of Bella's hand and let Bella make her way to Jacob, while Iris went over to Paul. She rested her hand on his coat and brushed through his fur. Paul nudged his head against her hand.

"Why are you and Emmett always fighting?" Iris whispered, tip-toeing even further to see eye-to-eye with Paul.

Paul scoffed, rolling his big eyes at her. Iris frowned and hit his head with her fist. His body flinched as she did so.

"No rolling your eyes at me, Mister. That's rude."

Paul had to hold back the urge to roll his eyes again. Instead, he nodded and looked away to see the other wolves laughing at him.

"Oh - is that one Embry?" she asked, pointing eagerly to one particular wolf.

Paul nodded.

Iris made her way to Embry and started patting him. "You're a good wolf, aren't you?" she cooed.

Even Sam seemed amused by Iris.

Edward snorted from the other side. "They're enjoying how Iris is messing with Paul and Embry."

Iris pouted and stomped her tiny foot. "I'm not messing with anyone! I'm just giving them some happiness and a little bit of love."

"I wonder where the love is going," Edward replied.

Iris huffed and rolled her eyes. "You're a rude ass, that's what you are."

"Carlisle, Esme, Iris said a no-no!" Emmett shouted.

Iris pouted even more, grabbing at Embry's fur. "They're bullying me, Embry," she whined.

Embry didn't seem to care. He nudged her body back to Paul. Iris seemed offended that Embry didn't want to spend more time with her. She didn't have much of a choice anyway. Paul's big body and his paws created a wall around her, not allowing her to escape. That was how she spent the rest of the training until they were done for the day.