ten

Iris softly opened the door to Carlisle's study

Iris softly opened the door to Carlisle's study. "Dad?" she softly asked. 

He lifted his head up from doing paperwork. "Yes, sweetheart?"

"Can you help me with something?" she asked as she entered the room and quietly closed the door.

He smiled. "Anything you need."

"You know Embry, right?"

Carlisle nodded. "Is he - "

"He's not injured or anything. It's just... My happiness is supposed to be a good thing. I feed it to other people to make them happy - but it just comes naturally. I don't really control it. But Embry... I'm hurting Embry, Dad. He can't handle how happy I am. It - It gives him headaches and heart pain. I don't know what's happening, because he's not the one who imprinted on me. There's no chance of - "

"Two wolves imprinting on you?" Carlisle asked with his eyebrows raised. "No chance," he said. "Maybe Embry is connected to you in another way. Perhaps, in his past life, he was bound to you somehow. Or, he's just too sensitive to your happiness. Your power isn't exactly common, but it is similar to an empath - like Jasper. You reach out with your emotions - mostly happiness, in your case. You should ask Embry more about this and come back to talk to me." He then smiled. "You'll get to spend more time with your imprint too."

Iris pouted. "But I can't even feel him. It's supposed to be this pull, a sense of belonging, but I haven't felt that. I do like the reservation, though. It makes me calm, but I don't think the woods imprinted on me."

Carlisle chuckled. "You're surrounded by happiness, you don't know where to even start. Next time you go there, calm down and notice your surroundings. Look at everyone and just focus."

"But I love being happy," she muttered.

"Sometimes it's best to just be calm," Carlisle said. "You may not to know it, but your power is taking over. Let the happiness drift away for a while and let Iris come back for a while."