Little Piggy Phone Home

Rose eventually found her way up to them, shaking her head when she saw how close they were, but completely still. Her heart broke when she saw the remains of puffy red eyes on her sister, knowing what Jackie's words had brought to mind. 

With a smile, the blonde pulled herself up on Mei's other side and leaned her head on her sister's shoulder for comfort. Her free hand moved to Mei's wrist, gently stroking the sweater sleeve that covered her only tattoo.

"It sucks," she commented in a grumble, "Why does she always have to take it out on you? I'm nineteen I can make my own choices."

"You're the youngest of the family," Mei smiled, turning to kiss her sister's forehead, "We'll always care more for you. I'm meant to take care of you and keep you safe. It's my job. I HAVE  to keep you safe."

Knowing there was more meaning to her words, Rose smiled sadly and hugged her sister tighter.

"We can't tell her. We can't even begin . . . she's never gonna forgive us. And we missed a year? Was it good?" Rose asked the Doctor who gave them a small smile before shrugging.

"Middling."

"You're so useless," Mei laughed, knocking his shoulder lightly with her knee.

"Well, if it's this much trouble, are you gonna stay here now?" he asked, "I know Mei won't, but what about you Rose?"

Shaking her head, the blonde said, "I dunno. I can't do that to her again, though."

"Well, she's not coming with us," he told the sisters with a very firm, very serious expression and they burst into laughter. He joined in after a few seconds.

"No chance," Mei agreed, still chuckling slightly.

"I don't do families," he stated, "The two of you, fine, but not your mother."

"She slapped you!" Rose exclaimed, giggling.

"900 years of time and space, and I've never been slapped by someone's mother."

"You're whining like a child," Mei told him, reaching out to touch his still slightly pink cheek, "So you're nine hundred years old?"

"Yup."

"That's one hell of an age gap, mum was right," Rose said, "Still, works for Catherine Zeta Jones, so it could work for you two."

"Rose!" Mei exclaimed, turning red and the Doctor coughed, looking away from the two so that they didn't see the red in his cheeks.

Rose just grinned at the pair of them, wondering how long it would take for them to get together. "You know what," she said, catching their attention again, "I love it, I do. But every conversation with you just goes mental. There's no one else I can talk to, other than Mei. I've seen all that stuff up there, the size of it, and I can't say a word. Aliens and spaceships and things, and I'm the only person on planet earth who knows they exist."

Right on cue a horn blew from behind them, loud enough to make their ears ring and a dark green spaceship flew overhead, narrowly missing the buildings as black smoke poured out of it. Mei stared at it in shock as soared toward Central London, taking out half of Big Ben before landing in the Thames with a splash that no doubt flooded the banks.

"Oh, that's just not fair," Rose whined.

The Doctor gave a gleeful laugh, grabbing hold of Mei's hand as he took off toward the stairs. She gave a yelp as she tripped over her own feet but Rose managed to catch her in time. The three of them hurried toward the scene, though it was complete mayhem on the streets with everyone complaining about the roads being blocked.