The Hospital

"You take me to the most beautiful places," Mei commented dryly as she and the Doctor watched Nancy creep along an abandoned and rundown railway track to a cart that had weeds growing out of it. "What exactly are you going to say to her? You saw her face when she looked at your drawing, she was scared. What makes you think she'd going to tell you anything?"

"I have no idea," he grinned back at her, then pulled her toward Nancy. The girl hadn't noticed them approaching, too busy hiding her stolen food. But when she straightened up, she jumped. Mei couldn't blame her, the Doctor had his Cheshire cat grin on.

"How'd ya follow me here?" she demanded, looking between the two.

"I'm good at following, me. Got the nose for it," the Doctor replied.

Mei put a hand to her mouth, and said in a stage whisper, "It has special powers."

"Yeah?" Nancy asked with a laugh, "That's why it's-"

"Yup," Mei agreed, the two girls giggling while the Doctor looked between the two, confused.

"What?" he asked, only getting another round of giggles for an answer, "Seriously, what?"

"Nothing," Nancy grinned, then winked at Mei before addressing him, "Do your ears have special powers too?"

Mei laughed a little louder, quickly covering her mouth when the Doctor shot a playful glare her way. Nancy laughed into her hand as well, trying to get herself under control.

"What are you trying to say?" he asked, frowning at the two who slowly quietened down.

Clearing her throat, Nancy gave him and Mei one last smile, "Goodnight, Mister, Miss."

"Nancy wait," the brunette called after her, "Please."

When she turned back, the Doctor took that as his chance to talk, "There's something chasing you and the other kids. Looks like a boy and it isn't a boy, and it started about a month ago, right?" When he got no answer, he continued. "The thing I'm looking for, the thing that fell from the sky, that's when it landed. And you know what I'm talking about, don't you?"

Hesitantly, Nancy agreed, "There was a bomb. A bomb that wasn't a bomb. Fell the other end of Limehouse Green Station."

"Would you be willing to take us there?" Mei asked, "Don't worry if it's being guarded or something, just point us in the right direction."

"Ya sure ya want to know what's going on in there?" she asked.

Mei chewed her bottom lip, not liking the way she was looking at them. The Doctor didn't seem to care much, that or he was just oblivious, and Mei wouldn't put that past him.

"We really want to know."

Sighing at his determination, Nancy said, "Then there's someone you need to talk to first."